jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Change hub link

1. ECO-logic profile image61
    ECO-logicposted 3 years ago

Hello, i am new here, and still learning a lot about SEO, the deal is, can i change a hub link? I tried but saw no option. If I find a better keyword for my article how I change it?

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi ECO-logic,

You can't change a Hub's link once it's created, but you can always edit the Hub and change its title in the HubTool.

2. jericho911 profile image87
    jericho911posted 3 years ago

You could always just start a new hub with your new link .  Then, simply copy and paste all of the text from your current one and move over your images, amazon and ebay modules, etc.   Just be sure to get it de-indexed before you try to publish it again.  You can have pages removed quickly using google webmasters tools.
    Obviously, it will show up as duplicate material until it is removed from search engines.  Voila..delete the old copy and now you have the same article with a new link.

3. lovebuglena profile image91
    lovebuglenaposted 3 years ago

Unfortunately you cannot change a hub URL (link) once you start a new hub and proceed to insert your content... What you can do is start another new hub with a slightly different hub title (you can change it later) and then edit the permalink with the name you want in the hub link url before you proceed to the next step of inserting content into the hub. Then copy all the content from the first hub into this one and publish. When done delete that original hub. And you are all set.

1. ECO-logic profile image61
      ECO-logicposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That is what i thought but my new hub will have lower score, it least i am seeing my scores rising over time.