jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Can I get some constructive criticism on why my hub is not featured?

1. PattyJane profile image85
    PattyJaneposted 3 years ago

Can I get some constructive criticism on why my hub is not featured and advice on how I can improve upon it to have it featured? The link to this hub is http://pattyjane.hubpages.com/hub/Peter … -Pentecost. Also any constructive criticism of my other hubs is welcome as well. I am always striving to be a better writer and feel that peer review is the best way to improve.

1. zeusspeak profile image78
      zeusspeakposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I cannot exactly tell but the theme is a bit search-unfriendly in the eyes of HP. Content is quite good and I saw most of your hubs are on Christianity related theme. May be people are not googling such keywords. But, the hub is quite informative.

2. psycheskinner profile image80
      psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

If you click on them you will see your image attribution links are not working properly.

Other than that--it is pretty heavy blocks of reading but it seems okay to me.

2. agilitymach profile image99
    agilitymachposted 3 years ago

You have a fine topic, and what you are trying to say is good.  However, you have some serious grammatical errors.  I saw numerous, numerous problems including (but not limited to) run-on sentences, misplaced or unused commas, capitalization in the wrong places, a poor understanding of how to properly use paragraphs, improper use of plural/singular verbs, improper spacing and much more.  I don't have you hub in front of me now, but these mistakes start right in the first or second sentence.  I strongly suspect this is the reason this hub was not featured.

Also, the hub is visually uninteresting.  The media wasn't appealing.  There is lots of fantastic Christian imagery out there.  Since this hub is about the Old Testament calling forward to reveal Christ in the New Testament, you could use images of the cross for the New Testament and maybe an image of any iconical Old Testament story juxtaposed to indicate both the Old and New Testaments.  On the web, readers really do like media.  They want images, interaction with polls or quizzes, and video - if it fits the topic.

When I write my hubs, I try and edit them about 10 times before I publish.  It's really hard to edit my own work as the tiny mistakes become hidden to my eyes.  I can go back a few weeks after publishing a hub and find some really embarrassing mistakes - like using it's instead of its.  I recommend you give this hub a huge re-edit.  If the rules of grammar aren't your strong point, then find a family member or friend who is good in that area, and tag them as your editor.  Your message is great.  It just needs polishing. smile