jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

First Hub - Please Critique for Me

1. profile image61
    kamerongroupposted 3 years ago

My name is Keith, and I live in Washington state. Here's my very first Hub, and I'm quite proud of it. Although being new to this process, I'm in need of some guidance from experienced bloggers. I'm a work in progress. Thanx for your help!
    http://kamerongroup.hubpages.com/hub/si … -pain-free

1. zeusspeak profile image79
      zeusspeakposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Kameron, I went through your hub, here are the points you should keep in mind:
      First, starting your hub with a content page kinda numbering is a big 'no-no'. Start with an introductory paragraph that sets the tone of your hub. Bulleting your sub-points at the commencement of your hub is not a good practice.

Second, the photographs are of an extremely poor quality, besides do not use photographs that have banner or a text glaring at you. Copyright issue might arise. http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/legal-image-use click on the link and follow the guidelines.

Must congratulate you on your hub, it is extremely informative but the sub-headings should have been made in the text not at the start. Hope you will learn from it.

Break your text into small paragraphs that are visually attractive and easily digestible. Long typed prose paragraphs are reader-unfriendly.

Do not worry about language, you have a way with language, the proficiency is amazingly good and research is even more impressive. Just little niggles need to be brushed up.

It is an amazing effort Kameron as the first hub. Loved it just brush up these little things and I am sure things are awesomley bright for you in the future. Good luck!

1. profile image61
        kamerongroupposted 3 years ago in reply to this

This is a learning experience.
        Thanx for the great advice.

1. zeusspeak profile image79
          zeusspeakposted 3 years ago in reply to this

No need to mention, good luck for your future endeavours kameron!

2. Will Apse profile image91
    Will Apseposted 3 years ago

It might be worth including 'for athletes' in the title. I think you would get more visits if you orientate towards a very specific group of searchers.

1. profile image61
      kamerongroupposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That's a very good point Wil. I never considered that.
      Thanx!

working