jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Have any of YOU noticed that HubPages is becoming more and more

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

arbitrary regarding the nature of questions? They indicate that questions are not to garner discussions or to be poll type questions.  However, a hubber can ask any question and THEY decide what type of question IT IS although the intent was NOT to garner discussion or to poll people.  What are THEY thinking

1. Writer Fox profile image79
      Writer Foxposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I don't understand the basic concept of "Questions and Answers" on HubPages.   Are these pages supposed to be found on search engines?  I can't even find a current list of Questions on this site.

1. Diane Woodson profile image60
        Diane Woodsonposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I have never been in the know about the questions and where they go either. Maybe its just an extra thing for us to do? To improve some skill we never knew we had, Just do not have a clue, but hope someone can help figure it out!

2. ThompsonPen profile image83
      ThompsonPenposted 3 years ago in reply to this

See, I always try to ask questions that are going to spark discussion, and I once had a question denied because it was thought it would spark TOO much discussion. From what I gathered from their email, the question and answers are meant to inspire Hubs not so much to gain information.
      though one thing I do wish we could do is just set out polls as well as questions without writing a hub. I think that would be fun and an interesting way to gain opinions.
      Sometimes i use questions when I genuinely don't know the answer. I find asking people on here I gain a better answer than finding a site related and asking on another forum.
      However, honestly, i started asking questions so that people would see my name a lot more. Plus I started having fun answering them. And sometimes, the questions would do as they were intended by the HubMasters - inspired hubs.
      I think you get out of the Q and A's what you want to get out of them.

3. LastRoseofSummer2 profile image91
      LastRoseofSummer2posted 3 years ago in reply to this

The way I understood the Q&A guidelines is that this part of the site is meant to help inspire ideas for writing hubs. Ergo, that is why every question has the "Make a Hub about it" option. Before I post a question I try to think if what I am asking could at all be of interest to the person who may answer and could inspire them to write a hub giving a more detailed account of their experience or knowledge. I also ask myself if the collective answers I may receive could give me enough information to write a hub on the subject myself.

2. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 3 years ago

+ I think this is the thought behind the Q&A section.  Some people are misusing the section simply to get views, etc.  Some of the questions clearly belong in the forum for a staff member to address.