Hub Layout

1. ThompsonPen profile image84
    ThompsonPenposted 3 years ago

I really like the new guidelines of Hubs, where it suggests how many pictures and other capsules to have and gives you a word count as well. I used these features all the time.
    however, I  am concerned about whether or not already having the outline there as an example helps or hinders. I think that when you start a hub and it has your text boxes, table, other text boxes, picture boxes - all laid out for you, doesn't that take away from the creativity? Surely part of it is being able to have the eye for laying it all out and making it appealing to the reader's eye. Does it take away from separating the quality writers and allowing them to rise from those that can just hide behind the nice layout?

2. To Start Again profile image83
    To Start Againposted 3 years ago

Maybe but with everyone fussing about why their hubs aren't featured, it may help more to give as many guidelines and suggestions as possible. Hubbers who don't need the help probably don't use the templates that much. I just start with the article one and add and subtract capsules when and where I need them. It doesn't hinder my creativity because I barely even notice them.