jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Google tightening up on security?

1. ANDR01D profile image96
    ANDR01Dposted 7 years ago

When I logged into my account recently, I was shocked to see that Google said they were holding my payments, which is weird because I haven't reached anywhere near a $100 yet.

I had to resubmit my tax details and address details, and then the third thing I was told to do was to wait for my Google account PIN number to arrive in the post and when I got it to type it my account.

I was worried because I though that they were dropping me from the Adsense program, but they said that only my payments were on hold and that I could continue to display ads and accrue earnings.

Has anyone else had this?

2. Shirley Anderson profile image85
    Shirley Andersonposted 7 years ago

Yes, that's normal.  All they're really saying is that you can't get paid until they have all the tax and security info they need.

You're good, nothing to worry about.  Just supply what they're asking for before your payment date and nothing will be held up.

3. guidebaba profile image60
    guidebabaposted 7 years ago

Nothing to worry. This happens to ALL Google Adsense Account Holders.

Once your earnings reaches $10, they send you a letter by post with a PIN Number. You have to enter this PIN Number in the required field. This is their VERIFICATION Process.

4. WeddingConsultant profile image83
    WeddingConsultantposted 7 years ago

Thanks for letting me know, I had no idea! Seeing as I'm at a whopping $9 and change, I suppose this will happen for me shortly.

5. ANDR01D profile image96
    ANDR01Dposted 7 years ago

Thank goodness. I'm at $9.69, so this makes sense.