jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

1. ECO-logic profile image60
    ECO-logicposted 3 years ago

Hello, I am new to article writing, just wrote my first 10 hubs (all featured) and I am trying to learn more about backlinks . How do you do it?

1. ameliam.michelle1 profile image87
      ameliam.michelle1posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Backlinks are basically links referring to others' website. If you are giving backlinks in your hubs, make sure that they are relevant and explains those things which might have been left in your hub.

However, if you are referring to your own site, then do make sure that it is not in excess and used when required. Not complying with this will awaken google gods and they will slap low rankings on them.

2. Susana S profile image91
      Susana Sposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Here's an article that will give you some pointers.

http://moz.com/beginners-guide-to-seo/g … -and-links

The very first thing to do is to make sure your pages are so good people will want to share them/link to them naturally. If you do that you won't need to worry about link building.

2. SpaceShanty profile image93
    SpaceShantyposted 3 years ago

A backlink is simply a link to one of your Hubs, if you put a link to one of your hubs on Facebook, a website or blog that will be a backlink.

Google uses the number of backlinks to determin how popular a site is, but be careful not to spam and just post links to your hubs everywhere and anywhere.

3. Shane Crawford profile image61
    Shane Crawfordposted 3 years ago

I agree with Susana - if you make great content on your website, then you won't need to endlessly search for backlinks - they will come naturally. However, I do find it unfair that websites built 10 years ago that are now not really that great - are still ranking high because of the age factor.