jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Is HubPages' penalties for supposed violations of rules becoming more

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

punitive and insanely arbitrary in addition to being unfair and inconsistent?  It seems that HubPages are penalizing some people when they ask questions but not others although the nature of the questions are similar? HubPages has a new ruling that questions are not supposedly garner discussions but how does a person know this? There are STILL questions in the Answer Section which does garner discussion and the question remains?  Do the MODS know what they are doing or what? It seems that this policy is NOT applied consistently, they pick on some people and not on others. Do YOU agree?

1. Alisha Adkins profile image93
      Alisha Adkinsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I'm not sure what you mean, particularly when you say, "HubPages has a new ruling that questions are not supposedly garner discussions but how does a person know this?"
      Can you give a specific example for clarity?

2. Haunty profile image84
      Hauntyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

There must be some specific questions the mods ask themselves when deciding what's acceptable. Or not.

It's entirely possible that some ppl are being picked on, because there is such a thing as "infamy." If the first thing that comes to you when modding someone's question is "Omg, not this guy again with a drenching rain of random questions?!" chances are you will be somewhat prejudiced if the criteria for accepting a question are not clear anyway. You have tons to do, it's practical to let your fingers do the thinking.

2. Sherry Hewins profile image95
    Sherry Hewinsposted 3 years ago

I think it's always been a rule that the Q&A section was not for discussion. The forum is for discussions. I have only had one question denied for that reason. Whether the rule is evenly applied I really can't say.