jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Use of Categories

1. BaliMermaid profile image60
    BaliMermaidposted 7 years ago

Is it better to be as specific as possible - down into the category haystack as far as possible?

Or, is it better to have as few levels as possible in giving each of your hubs the required category moniker?

Input and advice would be appreciated;especially from Hubpages themselves if they are listening.

1. larryfreeman profile image85
      larryfreemanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi BaliMermaid,

It is best to be as specific as possible. In my view, it depends on the generality of your hub.  If the hub has a better match with a second-level category, then use the second level category.

For most hubs, it will be best to use a third-level category if you can find one that fits.

-Larry

2. rmshdc profile image61
    rmshdcposted 7 years ago

categories are really good addition!  But I am too confused as to it is better to have very specific or elborate.

I feel in MOVIE sub-category, there should be one for INDIAN movies!

1. larryfreeman profile image85
      larryfreemanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi rmshdc,

It's possible to organize movies by genre (romance, musical, etc.).  If you would prefer an India movie category, how about:

Entertainment/Movies/World Cinema/India

-Larry

1. rmshdc profile image61
        rmshdcposted 7 years ago in reply to this

THANKS LARRY for adding INDIA in Movies cat.  If you have noticed, there are several hubpages that talk about INDIA.

3. larryfreeman profile image85
    larryfreemanposted 7 years ago

Hi Chalu001,

It is better to use specific categories.  The purpose of the categories is to help group related hubs and help the search engines find your specific content.

-Larry

4. Shirley Anderson profile image84
    Shirley Andersonposted 7 years ago

Hi NYK from Canada!  I'm Shirley from Canada - Ontario.

working