jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Two Amazon Associate accounts

1. LeighMC profile image84
    LeighMCposted 3 years ago

My apologies if some of you have seen me in this question topic before, but I have a new question.

Is it possible to have two Amazon Associates accounts?

Some of you may be aware that I recently applied, twice, for the Amazon Associates program though HubPages, but they turned me down, saying that, since 1 June, they were only approving affiliates through Facebook and Twitter accounts.

So I duly went and applied through my Facebook page, which has close on 14 000 fans. I was approved for that and given an Assoc. number. Great.

Then suddenly, yesterday, I received another email saying my Amazon Associates application through HP was approved and they gave me a new number.
    This after they'd said no to a HubPages application. It was also about two weeks after I applied - and was turned down.

I have also applied the member number I was given through to FB page to my Hub pages.

So, now - can I use both numbers? Does anyone else have two accounts?

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You need only one such account in order to use the Amazon affiliate program with HubPages.  As livewithrichard stated, you may want to close one of the accounts.
      I would advise contacting Amazon to determine the best course of action.

2. livewithrichard profile image84
    livewithrichardposted 3 years ago

Technically, you can have multiple accounts but why would you bother.  I know how it happened, but now that you have an account associated with this site, you should log into your Amazon account, and click on 'manage tracking Id's' to get an Id for each site you want to track.  It will be  much easier than logging into several accounts and much harder to reach payouts.  Using your tracking Id for links to your FB and HP sites will help you reach payout quicker if you use it on both sites.  Just request a tracking ID and then I would cancel the HP account.

1. LeighMC profile image84
      LeighMCposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your reply.
      I am going to try and work out which is best. At this stage, I am so confused by all the different ad things. I'm fairly new to it all, so...