Views on unpublished Hubs - Google Realtime

1. sallybea profile image96
    sallybeaposted 3 years ago
    I have been working on a Hub which is as yet unpublished and it shows views on the HubPages stats page as is usual.   I also noticed that on Google (Real time) Analytics,  I had two visitors to the Hub from two different cities at different times whilst I was watching the stats and it showed me that the unpublished Hubs was being read and neither was myself because I live in different cities to the ones shown.   This is the first time I have noticed this so I am curious, has anyone else had this happen or have an explanation for this?

1. claudyobcn profile image61
      claudyobcnposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Those visits are not from real people. They are visits from you when you edit your hub. Even if it shows another city. Something similar I have noticed in blogspot blogger. I live in Spain and I see views from the USA . Visits are from sharing services because I use to share the article the next second after publishing.

2. bat115 profile image78
    bat115posted 3 years ago

claudyobcn, that is true however, you want to know something funny? I have an unfinished hub from 2010 that I have not edited or looked at since 2011 and in the last 7 days it has had 3 views and 7 views in the last 30 days.