jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Replying to comments

1. CyberFreak profile image83
    CyberFreakposted 3 years ago

Hello,

I have been having problems replying successfully to comments on my hubs.
    Whenever I accept the submission of a comment and then it becomes visible, there is no reply button to reply directly to THAT comment. Many times, due to being rushing to reply, I just reply adding another comment. When that comment is shown, only then I get the Reply button directly below the comment to which I am replying.

Other than that problem, today even though I reloaded many times the page until I could see the Reply button which allows me to reply directly to a comment, when I used it, my comment showed at bottom and not "connected" to the comment I was replying to.

I hope you understand what I mean, it is quite frustrating. An example of this problem is on this hub I published recently > http://cyberfreak.hubpages.com/hub/How- … Background

Thank you for your time.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

There are not different types of comments.
      If you would like a user to know you are referring to them, you can do so in a similar way to Twitter.

So I could post a comment as a reply to you by stparing it with.
      "@CyberFreak"

CyberFreakposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thing is why doesn't the "tree-view" style work in the hubs? Like it does here, when I reply to your comment, my comment shows below your comment and a bit to the right.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
          Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

The short answer is that the forum system and Hub comment system are designed differently.

CyberFreakposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for your time.

working