jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Amazon payout for non - US

1. Carolina Crete profile image82
    Carolina Creteposted 7 years ago

How do other non-US people get paid from Amazon?

2. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago

Cheque in dollars.

3. Rik Ravado profile image92
    Rik Ravadoposted 7 years ago

I was setup to get paid in gift certificates (I live in the UK) and got an unexpected payment of $59.  I then found I could only buy books, CDs or DVDs.  What with shipping costs and custom fees this seems a bad idea. 

I'm therefore thinking of switching to $ cheque (like Mark).  There is no fee for a cheque if you live outside the US but you still have the cost of turning it into your local currency.  My bank charges a large amount to pay in a $ cheque.  I'm therefore looking at opening a dollar account.

All in all it makes Amazon relatively unattractive compared to Adsense who pay direct to your foreign bank in local currency with zero fee.

4. Carolina Crete profile image82
    Carolina Creteposted 7 years ago

Thanks both.

I'm also set up to get paid in gift certificates. Seems fine for the moment, i.e. short term and while the payouts are small and infrequent. It's good to learn that I can get $ cheques and open a $ bank account in the UK when the big money starts coming in .. lol

I've been using Adsense for years on my website and yes, payment with them is so easy - straight into any bank account.