jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (15 posts)

Hub Published Instantly?

1. David 470 profile image87
    David 470posted 3 years ago

I recently started writing on a new account. I have lost a lot of motivation and have been kind of down in some aspects of my life. But I digress..

I thought it took up to 24 hours for a hub to get published because of Quality Assessment? I checked and it appears a Hub I wrote is already published. How is this possible? Unless it is not actually published and I thought it was.

1. Writer Fox profile image78
      Writer Foxposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It's been taking about 3 hours from the time I publish a new Hub until it is featured.  I think some of it depends upon the time of day it is published and which MTurkers are working in your time zone.

1. David 470 profile image87
        David 470posted 3 years ago in reply to this

MTurkers?

MTurk is short for "Amazon Mechanical Turk" and that is the service HubPages has hired to review the content of Hubs before they are featured.  It is my understanding that some of the raters are from the U.S. and some are from India.

1. Thallia profile image69
            Thalliaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Rating Hubpages articles through MTurk requires the worker to be located within the US.

Who is rating Hubs at 2:00 a.m. California time (within three hours of publishing)?

1. Susana S profile image90
                Susana Sposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Who knows, but they'll definitely be in the US.

2. profile image0
      Jennifer Sucheyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I've only been a hubber since March, but have noticed my hubs are getting featured faster as well.

3. dghbrh profile image63
      dghbrhposted 3 years ago in reply to this

My poetry hubs gets published at once though the prose hubs take time and remain in pending list.

2. psycheskinner profile image79
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

Hubs are published immediately, the question is whether it is indexed.

1. susi10 profile image95
      susi10posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Or featured

1. psycheskinner profile image79
        psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

'Featured' is a Hubpages euphemism for 'indexed'--a.k.a. listed by Google and other search engines.

1. susi10 profile image95
          susi10posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Oh, right, sorry. Even if your hub is featured, it will still take a day or two until it is indexed on Google. So, the process is published >>> featured >>> indexed. But, I suppose featured and indexed mean the same thing. You learn something every day! smile

3. srsddn profile image88
    srsddnposted 3 years ago

I think when I started contributing to HP it took more than 24 hours. Now it is taking between 3 to 6 hours. I agree that it is the time of the day which matters because sometimes it is even faster.

4. profile image0
    delleaposted 3 years ago

I agree that it totally depends on the time of day that hubs are published.

working