jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Help me to improve!

1. Tom London profile image85
    Tom Londonposted 3 years ago

Hey there, fellow hubbers,

I'm a new addition to HP, and I'm here to work on my writing, so please don't judge too harshly, but constructive criticism is more than welcome!

Aside from that, I can't figure out for the world of me why the score for these hubs of mine are lower than the others:

http://tomlondon.hubpages.com/hub/10-St … ing-Career
    http://tomlondon.hubpages.com/hub/How-t … l-Training

I understand that the topic is very specific and might interest a very small group of people, but is that how HP score a hub (because if it is, that sounds a bit unfair)?

Thanks for any input!

2. Millionaire Tips profile image90
    Millionaire Tipsposted 3 years ago

I am looking at your 10 steps hub, and it looks like it is a reasonable size, content, graphics, etc. so I am not sure about the rating.  The grammar and spelling seemed pretty good too.

Not knowing about why it got a low rating, here are the things I would change if I was in your situation.

The first sentence tells me that I missed reading another article.  Series hubs are not recommended, and even though the title doesn't do that, the first sentence does.  I would change it so it doesn't make me feel I need to read the other hub first.

"slimmer than winning a millions of dollars in the lottery." take out the "a"

I like that you listed the steps and explained them further below.  I would put the numbers in front of the detailed info so I can keep track and find it easier. I would also list the steps in a way that makes me know what to do.  For example,you said I need industry knowledge, but what step do I need to take to get the industry knowledge?

At the bottom, you said, "And trust me – with the way this industry works, this could very easily be achieved."  I wasn't sure what "this" referred to.

The quiz at the bottom of the page only has one question, and the question is about my plans.  I said no and got a 0%.  I think you should use a poll instead of a quiz.

Hope this helps!

1. Tom London profile image85
      Tom Londonposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks a bunch for this extremely helpful comment! I will get to work as soon as possible; it seems there are quite a few things for me to fix.

Thank you!

1. Millionaire Tips profile image90
        Millionaire Tipsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You're welcome. The list is long, but they are minor and easily fixable things.  You write well, and your writing is well organized. That is something that wouldn't  have been as easily fixable.

3. peachpurple profile image79
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

i have read your hub on acting. You did extremely well and the article is well organized.