jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (17 posts)

A Question About the Hub Of The Day

1. susi10 profile image94
    susi10posted 3 years ago

Hi everyone!
    I have a question about the Hub Of The Day. I was wondering, does a Hub Of The Day have to be freshly published to get the Hub Of The Day or can it be a hub published a few weeks ago?

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi susi10,

Kathryn Stratford is right. The Hubs of the Day are chosen by merit alone and can be new or old Hubs. smile

susi10posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Christy!

2. email101 profile image80
      email101posted 3 years ago in reply to this

It wouldn’t surprise me if it’s not a very technical process.

I know it won’t ever be my hub. It scares people off too quickly!

Thanks Susi for all your posts. Keep ‘em coming. I receive an email every time you submit a new one.

2. Kathryn Stratford profile image90
    Kathryn Stratfordposted 3 years ago

It doesn't have to be newly published. I have seen several that were months old win it.

Thank you for clarifying that, Kathryn. Congrats to you, you were awarded the Hub Of The Day with your excellent hub about staying productive whilst unemployed, I can learn so much from that hub.

1. Kathryn Stratford profile image90
        Kathryn Stratfordposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Susi, I appreciate it.
        By the way, I like your new profile photo!
        ~ Kathryn

3. profile image0
    Ben Blackwellposted 3 years ago

How exactly is the Hub of the Day picked?

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
      Mark Ewbieposted 3 years ago in reply to this

They put my pages to one side and make a selection from the remaining ones.

1. Kathryn Stratford profile image90
        Kathryn Stratfordposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Mark, that is really funny!

Yes, that is so funny! smile
          Don't be so harsh on yourself, Mark. Your hubs are really good!

2. janshares profile image91
      jansharesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I recall seeing a post/blog post/email stating that staff pick them based on criteria they've outlined but will accept/consider recommendations.

1. profile image0
        Ben Blackwellposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Cool.  I have seen the part about the recommendations, but do you have any idea about how they pick from all of the hubs?  I imagine they only do featured hubs with a score of 80 or over or something like that.

They have some guidelines for what hubs will be chosen as Hubs Of The Day;
          Only hubs with legally attributed images may be allowed. So, that means you need the name, licence and website. That is the most important one.
          You also need well capitalized, search friendly titles and grammatically correct writing. They also want an image which will fit the size of the signed out Hubages carousel, that is it must at least 150 pixels tall and 200 wide.

I am working towards getting a Hub Of The Day, by legally attributing my images (properly) and writing lengthy hubs. I would love to get a Hub Of The Day, I just need to keep working towards it.

2. janshares profile image91
          jansharesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I have no idea, Ben. It's a mystery to me. I would think it's a pretty huge site to cover when looking at all available hubs everyday to pick one. hmm

I'd love to know how they select Hubs Of The Day too, since there are over a million hubs (and counting) on HubPages.

3. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

The Hub of the Day section of the Learning Center explains how they are chosen. Please also feel free to email me with any potential Hubs of the Day you come across. big_smile

working