jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Being able to include printable PDFs in a hub

1. MayG profile image86
    MayGposted 3 years ago

I was thinking of creating some hubs about making doll clothes and wanted to attach templates that readers could print out on A4 paper and use for patterns.  There doesn't seem to be any way to do this at the moment.  Can anyone offer a good suggestion on how to do this?  The idea is that the page would be printed at 100% on A4 paper so the dimensions of the pattern pieces would stay the same. Thanks!

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

@MayG, @relache made a great suggestion.
      You can link to PDF content on another site.
      You can use a service like Dropbox, but as Relache mentioned you are limited in the number of links to each domain you can include.

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 3 years ago

Host the files somewhere and then just link them in your Hubs, but be mindful of over-promotional limitations on linking.

3. MayG profile image86
    MayGposted 3 years ago

Hi Matthew Meyer & Relache,  Thanks for responding.  Sounds like a good idea.  I don't have a blog or anything, but I might look into the dropbox option!  Thanks for your help. May.

4. DATALOAD profile image61
    DATALOADposted 3 years ago

Scribd.com is a great place for this. Just create a pdf and upload it to their site. From there you can access the embed code to the file you uploaded. You can even offer it up for sale, free, or mark it as private.

You can also embed links in the pdf itself to use as backlinks for other projects you might have going (such as other hubs). You'll get traffic from the Scribd community as well.

http://www.scribd.com

5. MayG profile image86
    MayGposted 3 years ago

Hi Dataload, this sounds like exactly what I need! I will check it out.  Thanks so much for responding.

6. Jennifer Madison profile image94
    Jennifer Madisonposted 3 years ago

I use google groups with  my blog where I publish German language worksheets. By linking my blog to my google group, people can download a PDF file. Good luck!

1. MayG profile image86
      MayGposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi Jennifer, thanks for responding.  That sounds like a good idea too!

7. paradigmsearch profile image88
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

This is my Adobe rant....

I have a perfectly good printer and driver. It prints everything I want to print just the way it is supposed to.

But then I tried to print a text PDF file. Adobe went and printed a saturated, solid-colored page that damn near wiped out my $30 ink cartridge in one shot. I've hated Adobe before because of their other junk software and contracts, but when they did this latest thing to me, my hatred of them has reached a whole new level...

Think long and hard before inflicting a PDF file on your visitors. I won't even go near a webpage when Google clues me it is a PDF file. I strongly suspect I am not alone in this regard...

1. MayG profile image86
      MayGposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi paradigmsearch....Yeah, that sucks. 
      I suppose people will have the choice - if they want the template they can download it, if not they can make their own.  Thanks for your point of view, had not thought of it.

1. paradigmsearch profile image88
        paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Include a warning note, so the user can make it a point to be looking inside the printer as it begins to print and to have one hand on the off switch.

working