jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

Removal from question section

1. dghbrh profile image63
    dghbrhposted 3 years ago

A question I posted may be almost three days ago have been removed last night by the hubpages team saying that this encourages discussion or conversation rather then answers. There were many answers also there. I did not understand the time taken for the decision to remove it from question answer session. Its confusing. As I lost all the answers posted by hubber friends.
    Anybody experiencing the same here?
    Why it has been taken so much time to decide after so many answers?

1. manatita44 profile image83
      manatita44posted 3 years ago in reply to this

They deal with many readers and since I work in a large organisation, I feel that they have similar problems with the workforce. Again, all organisation have rules as you can appreciate. My spiritual teacher used to make rules which seemed severe, but I would nearly always hear a story a week or two later which suggested that there was good reason for it.
      If you are asked to ask questions, then do so. You have much simplicity and a beautiful heart, but you are dealing with a world of logic and a rational as well as ambitious mentality. In any case, from a spiritual standpoint, discipline is essential. I am sure that when you reflect on this, that you will understand and come back stronger. Much love.

dghbrhposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Cant thank you more. I was simply confused. Now I can see the big picture
        Many thanks again. yeah they may have many problems and we are here to do as they suggest. Its simple. I do agree that discipline is much needed aspect of life and I do prefer a highly disciplined life...Spiritually, mentally, and physically as well. It assures a much peaceful life ahead if we can follow some discipline in life on regular basis. Organizational discipline is another prospect of many faceted growth. I am understanding the aspect and thank you for guiding me through out.

2. Faith Reaper profile image88
      Faith Reaperposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Another hubber friend's question was removed too.  HP must be really wanting us to focus on whether the question does encourage back and forth responses in lieu of just answering, and would rather, obviously, us to use the forums to do such.  Thanks for letting us know, so we can be mindful as to such.  I am sorry your question was removed!!!  God bless.

Yes in future we have to be mindful enough to ascertain the posting of something in question or forum to encourage discussion. Thank you dear Friend.

2. ChitrangadaSharan profile image83
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 3 years ago

Hi deergha!
    Recently this happened with one of my question too, which was few weeks old. But new hubbers were still responding enthusiastically to it. I loved their responses, but got a notification in the same way as you did. There were more than 20 answers.
    That question is no longer published! Looks like this is going to be the rule as regards Q-A section, from now onwards.

Yes, I do agree. Thank you.

3. Jenn-Anne profile image90
    Jenn-Anneposted 3 years ago

Discussions are meant to take place here in the forums. Questions, on the other hand, are meant to generate hub ideas. For example, last year I posted a question about tween birthday party ideas because it was information I'd been searching for. People could answer the question with a suggestion or two, or they could write a whole hub about party ideas.

Thanks for the guidance and sharing your experience with us, Thanks.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image94
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I had the same thing happen this week, but it is no big deal.  My question got answered before this happened, so I would have removed the question anyhow.

Thank you.