jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Poems deserve Hub of the day award.?

1. sereseus profile image76
    sereseusposted 3 years ago

Has a poem ever got the hub of the day award.If has so on what condition and if has not why?I love to write poems and I hope I can get an answer to this please respond.What do you think?

1. ChristinS profile image94
      ChristinSposted 3 years ago in reply to this

No I doubt it. Hubs of the Day are usually awarded to hubs that have a chance of drawing traffic and earning money.  Poetry does not do well on HubPages.  HP is more about search engine friendly content.

sereseusposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Well I guess you all are right.

2. seanorjohn profile image81
    seanorjohnposted 3 years ago

I would be surprised if a poem has ever won Hub of the day. Hubpages is a business that needs viewers to click and buy. Not many poems can achieve this. I mostly write whimsical nonsense so earn very little.

Just wanted to know if there was a poem which got that award.So thanks for clearing it up.

3. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 3 years ago

Just be thankful that you are able to access server space for material that will never earn anything of significance.

I am a lover of good poetry, by the way, however I have yet to find such on Hubpages.

So you telling that hubpages community still need better poets?I will try to fit in...big_smile

4. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

Ouch. Tell us how you really feel why don'tcha? big_smile

1. WriteAngled profile image91
      WriteAngledposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I love classical metres and rhymes. However, I am happy with blank verse and free form poetry as written by TS Eliot and Dylan Thomas, for example. I have not found similar music here.

working