jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Stange google results - Possible copied content?

1. donnah75 profile image94
    donnah75posted 3 years ago

I have been spending the afternoon searching for copied content.  I have now found 3 of my articles plagairized.  That aside, I found something strange that I can't make heads or tails of.  Do a google search for sayersj (dot) com hubpages.  If I just go to sayersj (dot) com, I see a blog site, but no hubpages.  However, when searching I see all of these indexed pages that start with that webpage.  When you click on one it takes you to hubpages sites.  Do the google search and check it out.  Anyone know what is going on?

1. claudyobcn profile image60
      claudyobcnposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Really I donĀ“t know but i wish you good luck

2. tirelesstraveler profile image86
    tirelesstravelerposted 3 years ago

I got the index without the hub pages yesterday and have no idea whatsoever to do about it. Since I have made almost nothing this month more investigation needs to be done.

3. kthix10 profile image87
    kthix10posted 3 years ago

did they maybe link your hub in their blog??

donnah75posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Not that I can see. It is not just my hubs either. There were a lot of hubs and even Hubpages topic pages. Profile pages too.

1. HattieMattieMae profile image68
        HattieMattieMaeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

me too just some ones blog.. go back and find it and copy and paste the link instead if writing it out. it makes it easier for us to find.

I didn't do that, as there were numerous results to several different people's hubs.  A ton.  It is maddending.  I have spent time this week filing DMCA complaints when I could have been writing.  It is very discouraging.

4. MC Rocks profile image60
    MC Rocksposted 3 years ago

that's strange but definitely not surprising. Once your content is out on the internet people will always plagiarize stuff whether it be a few lines or a whole paragraph. Its just the way the game works. But good luck anyways.

It is illegal, so I find it very frustrating.  I am finding several of my hubs are just copied and pasted.  Pictures, sidebars that encourage sign ups at hubpages, etc.  I wish there was more we could do than just file the DMCA complaint.  Here's hoping for a better way to get the thieves in the future...

working