What is better...Amazon or Ebay Capsules?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (23 posts)
  1. Dvd Zermeno Perez profile image85
    Dvd Zermeno Perezposted 10 years ago

I really don't know what to do...keep using Amazon capsules or change to Ebay due to the easier report in HubPages. Help would be good in this case.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
      mistyhorizon2003posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I personally earn more from Amazon, and generally find them easier to use because I can choose individual products. Hope this helps.

2. Woodmckinney profile image68
      Woodmckinneyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I don't think ether one is better, just depends on what keywords your using in the search. Although, I do a lot on my  phone, and I've noticed that you can't edit the eBay capsule on mobile. Which has led me to use amazon more often.

3. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You can't generalize. It depends entirely on what you're trying to sell.   If there are more relevant products on ebay, eBay is better.  If there are more relevant products on Amazon, Amazon is better. 

Neither eBay nor Amazon will make any sales if you can't find products which are very closely related to the subject of your Hub.

Dvd Zermeno Perezposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I understand this part, without a well written Hub with a strong hook for the buyer then neither of Amazon or Ebay will be good. I need to thing before hand about the Hub and the items in it...I need to create a good combination between Information and products. Thanks Marisa smile

1. Pamela N Red profile image83
          Pamela N Redposted 10 years agoin reply to this

What Marisa means is that the products have to relate to your article. I wrote one about natural flea and tick preventative and sell quite a few bottles of brewers yeast and garlic tablets.

If you write an article about frogs you would want to sell products relating to them like toad abodes or even pond accessories.

4. ameliam.michelle1 profile image61
      ameliam.michelle1posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Dvd Zermene Perez, as all the other hubbers well pointed out, it depends on the suitability and the requirement of your hub. Marisa rightly said that the product should be closely relevant to the subject of your hub. Otherwise, whatever product you put into, it will not fetch any results.

Right now I'm doing the experiment, checking the pros and cons of each capsule, the impact depending on the hub content, and the impact and promotion in the virtual community also I'm more interested in the friendly UI, and right now I found that the Ebay system is a lot easier if you know how to use the keywords correctly, this can make a huge change in your Hubs. Thanks for the help.

5. Pamela N Red profile image83
      Pamela N Redposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It's different for everyone. I never made any money with Ebay and finally took them down (I think) on all my articles. I love Amazon and make money with them on a regular basis.

You just need to experiment and see what works best for you.

2. Sherry Hewins profile image92
    Sherry Hewinsposted 10 years ago

I've made way more sales on eBay. But that's just me.

3. EricDockett profile image97
    EricDockettposted 10 years ago

Personally, I see a much better return for my effort with Amazon.  Depending on what you're writing about, one single Amazon sale can mean a huge chunk of change, much more than it is reasonable to expect from a month of eBay clicks. 

But I also have to agree with what Marisa said.  Both capsules have their place, and they must be used correctly or you're probably better off not using them at all.

You have to be a little more "on the ball" with Amazon too.  You should be choosing specific products (never use keywords), and then checking up on them regularly to make sure they haven't gone out of stock or changed in some drastic way. It's a big pain when this happens with a product you based a Hub around.  Or, worse still, if the product changes from something available from Amazon or 3rd party to one available from "these sellers".  You won't get commission for products available off-site, so be careful with that.

With eBay you can just pick your keywords (carefully, and use lots of minus signs to weed out irrelevant results) and let it roll.

Too much pros and cons for each capsule...I think that it's better to think before hand in the Hub and the type of items that I will be promoting, depending on Amazon or Ebay. I use more Amazon, but I was curious maybe I need to mix them, some Hubs with stronger information about an Item and use an Amazon capsule to hook the buyer into that item and use the Ebay capsule in lesser "commercial" Hubs for the clicks.

4. younghopes profile image69
    younghopesposted 10 years ago

Till now i have read on HP only about hubbers praising amazon, hence i went with it only, i have not read any good thing about ebay. Also i find it easier to use but i also agree with Marisa too

5. sabrebIade profile image79
    sabrebIadeposted 10 years ago

So far I haven't had a Hub unpublished because of Amazon.
    I have with eBay.

6. LuisEGonzalez profile image79
    LuisEGonzalezposted 10 years ago

Ebay pays for clicks and sales and Amazon pays only for sales so at least for me I prefer Ebay.............wink

The pros and the cons of each capsule is huge!! I use Amazon mostly but Ebay has PPC and auto item refresh, while amazon increase the commision depending on the sales. Mmmmhh still a hard choice.

7. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
    mistyhorizon2003posted 10 years ago

I like Amazon because of the cookie (applies for 24 hours I think?) that means even if the reader doesn't buy the product they clicked, but on the same visit to Amazon decides to buy another product or products you still get credited for the commission on those products. When I look at many of the products I have earned commission on they are not remotely related to the hubs I have written.

Interesting I was looking for something like this. Thank you Misty, this information is really useful.

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The eBay cookie is even better - it lasts 30 days.  That's the trade-off - you'll get less commission on eBay than on Amazon, but you have more time to make some kind of sale.

That is interesting, I didn't know that. Strange though as I still make more from Amazon, and a lot of my hubs do also have ebay on them too. What confuses me a little then is what happens if the person visits several hubs and clicks into ebay from adverts within those hubs (by different authors). Surely only the last one he clicks into ebay from will get the 30 day cookie advantage as not everyone whose ads he went to ebay from can get commission on the items he buys over the next 30 days.

1. Woodmckinney profile image68
          Woodmckinneyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Wow, I didn't know that the commission sales lasted that long when someone clicks on the ad. Do you know where I can find out more about it? Terms of Use, or...?

Log in to your Amazon affiliate account and I am sure it is explained in the affiliate info. just off out now or I would get the info for you myself. Good Luck

8. infosavvy profile image60
    infosavvyposted 10 years ago

You cannot generalize just like what marisa said. However, there is one general trend you need to follow- Always provide capsules and links that are relevant and  essentially helpful. Depending on the topic and your research regarding the products  chose the products that not only fit in but also helps the reader

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)