jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Better Moving Forward

1. Bryan Mangan profile image83
    Bryan Manganposted 3 years ago

I just recently joined HubPages to see if it would work out for me and posted my very first Hub.  I was eager to see if my writing would meet HubPages reportedly high quality standards, and as it turns out, it was with a Hub Score of 78.

I'm not complaining, since as far as I can tell a 78 is a good score for a first post, but I'm trying to shoot for somewhere in the mid-80s.  Looking at the only post I have up right now in my profile, what do you think could use improvement?

A friend of mine told me that it lacked some of my personality and sense of humor, which I admit I toned down a little out of fear of coming off as too goofy to take seriously.  Should I try adding more of that or would that be too personalized for HubPages?

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Welcome!

Firstly, scores are meaningless. What counts is external traffic and $$.

Hubs are like high quality stand alone magazine articles.

Your hub has been unpublished so we can't see it.

2. Bryan Mangan profile image83
    Bryan Manganposted 3 years ago

It says it's overly promotional, apparently for having too many links.  When that happened before, I got an indication while I was editing, not after the fact.

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Check out the learning centre, FAQ and other people's hubs to learn how to create a great hub.

Overly promotional usually means more than two links to one external site, or solely promoting something you have an interest in or a teaser leading to another site.

1. Bryan Mangan profile image83
        Bryan Manganposted 3 years ago in reply to this

So if I'm attributing a site more than once I should only have a link to it once or twice?  What if it's from different pages?

working