jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Updating Hubs

1. Whitney05 profile image67
    Whitney05posted 9 years ago

What's your secret?

Do you leave them alone, even if their traffic is falling? and hope that they go up again?

Update them by: adding things? taking things away? or altering what's there?

Or some secret hubby magic spell that you're sharing.

2. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 9 years ago

Think outside the circle (or in this case hub).

How can you drive traffic to your hub?

Each topic requires a different strategy. And don't limit yourself to online. Are there ways you can promote your hubs offline?

3. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 9 years ago

I find I'm tinkering with my existing Hubs quite a bit - partly because I'm still getting the hang of how to construct them - and I'm finding it does push their score up - no idea whether it's having an effect on improving readership though.

4. ForTheLove profile image88
    ForTheLoveposted 9 years ago

I wondered about this, also. On my Doberman hub I'd promised a picture of my own dog, but hadn't had access to a camera or internet connection faster than dialup so it took me around a month to get the 2 new pics put up. Once I did I actually saw the traffic increase. Whether the posting of the pictures helped or not I've got no real way of proving it, but it SEEMS to have...

5. Lissie profile image86
    Lissieposted 9 years ago

I had had my http://hubpages.com/hub/Should-I-Take-a … ackpacking hub up for a few weeks and it had less than 10 visits ever Yesterday I refered to it in a forum.  When I went into to check it - I found it was rubbish - so  I added a photo added some content and some headers.  Oddly enough it showed on my hubtiviity as a new hub and is now getting a lot more traffic - go figure!

6. Paraglider profile image92
    Paragliderposted 9 years ago

I've had some success from simply changing the hub title. Not randomly, but by looking in Google Analyitics for what search strings are working and tweaking the title accordingly.

7. Whitney05 profile image67
    Whitney05posted 9 years ago

Hm... All great ideas and techniques... I've tried changing capsule titles and adding a few things or taking away... And none of it seems to have worked. I had one hub that had rapidly falling traffic, but all of a sudden this week, it's shot up, and I haven't even touched it... I'm thinking that maybe it's just the times and people searching.. Who knows... I'm trying to do some updates and whatnot.