jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

suite101 articles!

1. joeyallen profile image83
    joeyallenposted 3 years ago

What's going on at suite101? Am I the only one being ripped off?

2. LindaSmith1 profile image59
    LindaSmith1posted 3 years ago

From what I remember about them, is that they do not allow you to delete your articles. The writer can use the article on other sites, which allow duplicate content, after it has been published on their site for one year.  I never got involved with them for the reason above.

joeyallenposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi Linda,
      Does hub allow us to republish here?

3. Denise Handlon profile image87
    Denise Handlonposted 3 years ago

Is Suite 101 a writing site?  Haven't heard about this before.  ?

Denise  It would be wise of you to forget suite101...too suspicious!

4. Carola Finch profile image96
    Carola Finchposted 3 years ago

Suite 101 used to be a great place for writers and I did post some articles there.  Then in the Spring, they told writers tht they were changing to a site where people share their "personal experiences" whatever that means (and from what I gather, no pay). A lot of writers were upset by the changes . Suite told writers that their articles would be left on the site and that they would still be getting royalties.  Just a few weeks later, they unpublished my articles. Some things they did really left a bad taste in my mouth.  So glad I found hubpages about 4 months ago.  .

Hi Carola
      From the first day about 5 years ago I suspected suite of something afoul...but was pleased they published my articles (first time published) so I let my suspicions slide. It seems they were changing policy frequently. Anyway...I'm going to try to publish all my old suite articles on hubpages and hope that's all right to do.
      Have you posted yours here at hubpages?
      Kerry

1. Carola Finch profile image96
        Carola Finchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It has been a while, but I think that there is a way in edit mode in Suite articles where you can unpublish your articles. Since my articles were unpublished by Suite, I was free to add to them, revise them to HubPages standards and post them here. I changed the titles so that the article was unique.  Suite does have a policy that articles can be reprinted after one year.

I liked Suite at first, but didn't like the way they treated their writers during the change this spring.  They unpublished my articles claiming that google "didn't like" my kind of articles, even though most of my articles ranked highly in Google searches. My articles didn't do much on Suite, but on HubPages, I got phenominal traffic (over 12,700 views on one article alone and climbing). 

It is my understanding that HubPages articles must be unique and not published elsewhere. I can understand why - duplicate content can cause all kinds of headaches, including people claiming your work as their own.  If you can't unpublish your articles, maybe you could revise them and add length and media to make them unique.

I am no longer a part of the Suite101 community, so I can't comment on the "ripped off" remark.   Good luck with HubPages.
        I

working