jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Where do I paste the Amazon code?

1. Sarah Lynn 1863 profile image86
    Sarah Lynn 1863posted 7 years ago

I signed up for Amazon's Omakase LInks, and received a code that I'm supposed to paste into my website. But I can't find anyplace in my Hub Page to paste it. Can anyone tell me how I get the code into my page?

Sarah B.

2. Inspirepub profile image88
    Inspirepubposted 7 years ago

You don't paste the Amazon code anywhere.

You follow the instructions given by HubPages (try the pink sticky thread marked "READ THIS FIRST BEFORE POSTING QUESTIONS" to find the instructions).

Alternatively, search the forum for the last 12 threads where a new person posted this exact question and some patient soul typed this answer.

"Just fill in your Affiliate number in your Affiliate settings page - HubPages does the rest."

Happy Hubbing,

3. Sarah Lynn 1863 profile image86
    Sarah Lynn 1863posted 7 years ago

Thank you.

I did read that, but could not understand why when you signed up for Omakase links Amazon would then generate a code that you didn't need, and tell you you needed to paste that code into your website to generate revenue. I thought I was missing something. I will disregard those instructions the future.

There is nothing on the Omakase page (or any other Amazon page that I've seen) that mentions that pasting the code is unnecessary for Hub Page users.  They all say you *have* to cut and paste the code for it to work.  I think that's why so many new users get confused.  They're being told two different things. (that all you need to do is put in the affiliate code, and that you also have to cut and paste the HTML code).

4. Inspirepub profile image88
    Inspirepubposted 7 years ago

We can't do anything about Amazon's instructions, unfortunately, and they are too big to have to worry about their customer service for affiliates who use one particular Web 2.0 platform, so they are unlikely to change their instructions any time soon.

Anyway, you're up and running - you can answer the next newbie who has the same confusion ... smile