jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Do I violate copyrights by including images from various websites?

1. Seshagopalan profile image76
    Seshagopalanposted 3 years ago

Is there any chance that the images that I take from google search and use in my hub breach law and order? If so, then how can I identify that which images I am permitted to use or which I am not?

1. psycheskinner profile image84
      psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You can't just take pictures from websites. They must be public domain or used with permission of the rights holder.

2. wilderness profile image97
      wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It is a foregone conclusion that if you simply look around for images and grab what you want to use in a hub that you have stolen them.

Any image available for such use will have a statement to that effect.  Most are of limited nature - either non-commercial use (which means not on a hub) or use is acceptable with attribution to the owner and often only if you don't change them (adding text over the photo, for instance).

But if permission is not expressly stated wherever you got them then they are NOT available for use.  Every photo on the web is copyrighted; use of one with express permission constitutes theft.

3. Judi Bee profile image86
      Judi Beeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Have a look at the HP Learning Center entry on proper use of images on HP.