jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Is research and excellent content really essential for the first hub

1. infosavvy profile image60
    infosavvyposted 3 years ago

I am not quite sure whether preparing a perfect first hub better or just sharing information and exploring what works. I have been preparing my first hub on meditation for quite a long time now but never get really satisfied that it is 'the' hub which covers everything about the topic.Should I just publish it and then add matter as an edit, after I publish ?

1. Jennifer Suchey profile image90
      Jennifer Sucheyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Don't worry about "covering everything about the topic". This hub may be an overview of the topic, while you can later write more articles that zero in on specifics of the topic. Then you can link the first hub to those.

Every hub should have "excellent content" . . . as excellent as you are able to produce, but don't confuse excellent with quantity. You don't have to include every piece of information there is on a subject, and or not every piece of information in detail.

2. Bryan Mangan profile image83
    Bryan Manganposted 3 years ago

Well, you want to make the best hubs you can, regardless of which one it is.  If it's going to be good the eventually you might as well save yourself future trouble and make it as good as you can.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image95
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 3 years ago in reply to this

infosavvy:  If you are not happy with it, you can always go back later and edit it, but do the best job you can.  Remember you are writing an article, not a book!

3. Abby Campbell profile image95
    Abby Campbellposted 3 years ago

Like someone mentioned above, you don't have to cover "everything" in one hub. If this is going to be your niche, you can write many hubs on the subject. I would suggest making your first hub "evergreen." There's a tool to help you when you are writing a hub, and it's in the top right-hand corner showing you the number of words in your hubs, pictures used, videos, quizzes, etc. Make sure you:

(1) write at least 750 words (HP automates this for you)
    (2) get three (3) good pictures (must be creative commons)
    (3) add two (2) capsules that include either videos, quizzes, polls, or tables

I believe you have to have five good hubs in order for them to be featured now with HP.

Also, check out HP Learning Center: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents