jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Do you agree with the new changes hubpages has made?

1. 0
    JThomp42posted 3 years ago

Are you satisfied, dissatisfied, very dissatisfied, or just do not let the changes hubpages has made bother you?

1. paradigmsearch profile image89
      paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I just keep muddling along...

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

Some yes, some no.

3. Anti-Valentine profile image94
    Anti-Valentineposted 3 years ago

The changes don't seem to be making much difference where it counts.

4. Barbara Kay profile image84
    Barbara Kayposted 3 years ago

I think getting rid of poor quality hubs is a good idea. Some of the other ideas I'm not so sure about. The idling hubs seems to have just brought Hubpage traffic down and doesn't seem to have helped the traffic any.

5. Abby Campbell profile image96
    Abby Campbellposted 3 years ago

I think HP is very professional in all that they do. I have learned so much from them, and my hub views and earnings have only increased. Though I didn't come to HP to earn a "living," it is nice to get a few extra dollars each month. With that being said, I've written for other sites, and I have to say HP is the BEST. I like the fact that they want a quality site with quality writers and do everything they can to help us be the best writers we can be.

1. 0
      JThomp42posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Abby, what about poetry? With the "new" changes, poetry is a thing of the past.

2. cornwall_UK profile image86
      cornwall_UKposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I think what you say, Abby, was certainly true and felt in the past.... but I think many of us are feeling maybe the goalposts changed and confidence is ebbing......

6. Dale Hyde profile image87
    Dale Hydeposted 3 years ago

My answer is a simple "no."  None of the changes HP has made has helped my views.  The changes have only resulted in my views dropping.

7. Greekgeek profile image98
    Greekgeekposted 3 years ago

But I missed most of the initial teeth-gnashing and lamentations back in early 2011, as I'd been inactive on the site for some years, so I've only really settled in during the Panda phase of HP.

I find HP filters easier to deal with now than six years ago, when I was so frustrated that I left for a few years.

1. 0
      JThomp42posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I can't imagine it being any worse than it is right now. It must have been pretty bad then.