jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Products in my amazon capsules have changed

1. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image96
    Glimmer Twin Fanposted 3 years ago

Looking at a hub recently I noticed that the amazon product I had originally chosen to display had changed to something completely unrelated to the hub.  I went on to check a few more hubs and noticed that some of these products were different and unrelated to the hub as well.

So far I have checked about 12 hubs and 6 of them have amazon capsule products that have changed.  Fellow hubbers, you may want to check out your hubs to see if any of yours have changed.

It seems to be happening on both new and old hubs, at least in my case.

1. Chatkath profile image87
      Chatkathposted 3 years ago in reply to this

This happens with the amazon and eBay capsules over time because some products that you initially feature may be sold out, discontinued or upgraded.  When you select your products it's best to look up on amazon and use the product's ASIN or SKU number instead of selecting via keywords. This may help however the best way to assure consistency is to check your hubs often as you suggest to confirm the capsule is still displaying the product you want.  I have tried to visit my HP account page at least once per week and look for any warning messages like broken links etc. while also checking for anything outdated.

1. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image96
        Glimmer Twin Fanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

2. FlourishAnyway profile image94
    FlourishAnywayposted 3 years ago

I have noticed the same thing when I use keyword searched products, so I try to look up specific products.  I have also noticed that sometimes the photo disappears, so I try to keep a watch on them for anything unusual.

3. Efficient Admin profile image94
    Efficient Adminposted 3 years ago

I have noticed this as well with my Ebay capsules (I do not use Amazon because they are not available in my state).  When I edit hubs it is a good idea to always check the Ebay or Amazon capsules because they may change into something totally unrelated to the hub, or perhaps a product you did not choose.  This could be because someone else bought the product and it is no longer available.