"...Google's Shrinking Ad Price Problem"

1. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

And interesting read. Here's the last paragraph:

"Its new "enhance campaigns" program forces companies to include mobile ads, it has also threatened to drop search rankings for websites that haven't optimized for mobile. Perhaps, if you're a glass-half-full type, all these efforts plus that emerging market boom will save Google from the mobile ad problem every other tech company has to contend with these days."

My impression is that HP has already optimized for mobile. I hope that's true.

Meanwhile, I'm going to quit ranting about my poor AdSense click payments. Per the article, the whole darned internet is having a tough time.

Here's the full article:

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/technolo … lem/67366/

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago

Thanks for posting this - this came up in another thread and I couldn't find the reference.

3. Sapper profile image72
    Sapperposted 3 years ago

Google should start penalizing sites that don't provide mobile sites. On my top performing site, around 45% of my traffic comes from mobile/tablets.

As far as dropped adsense revenue, my guess on that is more and more people turning off javascript. That same top site has had almost 60% of it's visitors with no javascript. Not only does that mess up the layout, but it gets rid of ads. I have some non-adesnse ads, so it doesn't have too huge of an effect on me, but when you rely on adsense as your main source of income, that hurts. I wish they would come up with an alternative way of displaying ads.