jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Can't Tell if Featured

1. Bryan Mangan profile image83
    Bryan Manganposted 3 years ago

I'm a new user to HubPages and have only posted three hubs so far.  All of them are identified as featured after the QAP, but I've yet to see them anywhere other than in my profile.
    I know I'm still in "boot camp", but unless I'm mistaken, that just means they can unpublish my posts at any time (which none of them are).  Is this normal?

2. JoyLevine profile image88
    JoyLevineposted 3 years ago

I'm rather new also, but I think when it says 'featured' all it means is that you can find it in Google searches, not that it is featured in Hubpages, in case that's what you were thinking.

3. LeanMan profile image81
    LeanManposted 3 years ago

"Featured" just means that your hub is available for indexing by google - it does not however mean that you will automatically start to get traffic. Getting on the first page of google for any search is far from easy especially if there is a lot of competition.

It takes a lot of research, hard work and often a healthy dose of luck to start to get traffic. Too many people start writing online expecting to suddenly make their fortune with a handful of pages and get very disillusioned when they don't. If you want to succeed then this is a full time job! It takes many people many month if not years to build traffic to the point where they begin to earn money.

4. Bryan Mangan profile image83

I wasn't referring to Google though, I was referring to HubPages.

5. Bryan Mangan profile image83

Never mind.  I was wrong.  I just wasn't looking right.  My mistake.

working