jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (15 posts)

August 2013 Challenge

1. LoisRyan13903 profile image76
    LoisRyan13903posted 3 years ago

My personal challenge for the month of August is to convert my non-featured hubs into featured ones.  Out of 86 hubs, I have 13 that are non-featured.  Surprisingly, when I completed my most recent challenge-completing 30 hubs in the month of July-only 3 of then are non-featured.  I am still, however, waiting on my final three hubs to see if they passed the QAP.

I will do this by adding videos and images-a lot of my earlier ones lack these.  I will also recheck for quality issues such as grammar, spelling and typos.  They possibly may have been overlooked.  When possible, I will add to the hubs and make them more informative.

1. rose-the planner profile image85
      rose-the plannerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I wish you the best of luck with your challenge!  Take care and have a great day!  -Rose

LoisRyan13903posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you

2. janetwrites profile image84
      janetwritesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Good luck with your challenge!

Thank you.  I probably won't start this until this weekend.  Some of these hubs just need some images and videos-others need probably a major overhaul

3. LoisRyan13903 profile image76

http://loisryan13903.hubpages.com/hub/B … of-Freedom

is now featured.  This was just rewording some of my sentances and fixing a couple grammar errors.

4. LoisRyan13903 profile image76

I just finished editing this one and waiting to see if this wil be featured.  I was able to add quite a bit more to this hub.

http://loisryan13903.hubpages.com/hub/B … Gods-Peace

I just checked,  it is now featured.  Will be back later to work on the next one

2. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 3 years ago

Sounds like a great plan LouisRyan. I wish you the best.

Thank you

3. Chris in VA profile image61
    Chris in VAposted 3 years ago

Good luck!!

Thank you

4. LLambie profile image93
    LLambieposted 3 years ago

How are you getting on? And congratulations on posting 30 hubs in July - that's a great statistic!

Well I got one done so far.  The only reason why I was able to do the July challenge is because the hubs were basically notes taken from one of my Bible Studies and was a lot easier than working on hubs that needed a lot of research.  I might do something like that again if I get laid off from my job.  Rumor is there might be one for a few weeks in the fall and if they offer a voluntary layoff, I am thinking of taking it.

5. LoisRyan13903 profile image76
    LoisRyan13903posted 3 years ago

Didn't do to good in this challenge.  But I will be off for two weeks and get some more done.  Just a lot of things going on weddings, State Fairs and other fun stuff plus a lot of overtime and making a few quilts for Christmas presents

working