jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

Is Adsense required for every method of monetizing your hub?

1. Vincent Koo profile image60
    Vincent Kooposted 3 years ago

Hi there, so I just finished my first hub page yesterday and luckily I got it featured. I also applied to Adsense but was turned down unfortunately. Taking a look at all the methods available like eBay and Amazon, they all seem to require an Adsense account. Is there a way around this? If not, about how many more hub pages do you think I should write before reapplying for Adsense?

I also read in another forum thread that you can use Blogger as a means of getting your Adsense account sooner. If that is true I was wondering if it's legal/useful to just post the same articles from here on multiple blog sites?

Thanks for your help guys, can't wait to interact with more of you!

1. susi10 profile image93
      susi10posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi Vincent,
      Welcome to HubPages! big_smile
      Unfortunately you do need an AdSense account to apply for eBay and for the HP Ad Program. I would recommend that you write about 15 plus hubs before applying again. It is not legal to post your same hub on other blogs/websites of yours so don't try. However, you can write a blog post about a similar topic and link it to your hub.

Vincent Kooposted 3 years ago in reply to this

For some reason I thought it was going to be a lot easier to start earning money writing haha, not too surprised that I'm wrong though. Thanks for your help, I'll try out that linking thing soon.

1. susi10 profile image93
          susi10posted 3 years ago in reply to this

It'll take a lot of work to start earning. I spend at least an hour or two a day writing hubs etc, and have still to reach payout but I am getting there. Don't give up and keep writing more hubs!
          Also, you don't need AdSense to start earning from Amazon so you can start earning from there until you get approved.

The Amazon one I was a little iffy about because I don't live in the U.S., do you know if I should just apply to the Canadian one and then refer it to here? I'm not sure if that works though

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
              Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

The US one is the only one that works on HubPages.  You can join, no problem - the snag is that they will insist on paying you with a US dollar cheque and you have to reach $100 before they will send it to you.

You need to be here at least a month before applying to Adsense again.   I haven't seen anyone get approved with less than 20 Hubs recently.

Ahh alright, so I just have to write really well and often then and hope that I can hit the $100 mark (goodness I might never get paid haha). Thanks for your help!

working