jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

My Hub Copied - and worse ...

1. cornwall_UK profile image85
    cornwall_UKposted 3 years ago

I had a message from http://judibee.hubpages.com/ to let me know one of my hubs had been copied.

It was on blogspot.co.uk - I quickly found an easy online DMCA form to submit a complaint to Google.

I then searched for the first two sentences of my hub to see if it was elsewhere .... and found that TWO plagiarists were showing up in Google results - and my hub WASN'T showing AT ALL!

The Hub shows in my account as a "Featured Hub", so I'd have thought it'd have shown up in Google.... but no, it didn't.

http://cornwall-uk.hubpages.com/hub/Bou … -St-Moritz

What a bummer!

Update: I went to report the 2nd one and it's already been removed, so others must have reported them sooner.  Good riddance to that loser.

1. Judi Bee profile image87
      Judi Beeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Good news that the second remaining blog is removed - shouldn't be long for the other one.  Several of us reported all four of these blogs last week, but for some reason they only removed the first two.

1. cornwall_UK profile image85
        cornwall_UKposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for letting me know, I'd have not spotted it.  The google reporting form made it a breeze to report too.

2. Mark Ewbie profile image82
    Mark Ewbieposted 3 years ago

Gotta love that google hosts copied content on blogger and ranks it higher than the original.  That is the mark of a company that believes in plagiarising and misusing content to suit its own purposes.

1. Scribenet profile image83
      Scribenetposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Ditto on that Mark!

2. cornwall_UK profile image85
      cornwall_UKposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Maybe I should open a blogger account and copy all my own hubs there...... that could be the way forward smile

If it's just my stuff I won't be reporting me... it will be duplicate content, but hey - that doesn't seem to matter one tinker's chuff these days smile

working