jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

How to Know Which Hubs Are Bringing Earnings?

1. Abby Campbell profile image92
    Abby Campbellposted 3 years ago

I have seen comments in the Answers and Forums sections about certain hubs bringing in more earnings than others. However, I have not been able to find this information for my own hubs personally. I can gather how many "views" each hub receives and assume that earnings are coming from those with the highest views. Does anyone know where we can see the breakdown for each hub's earnings?

1. Sue Bailey profile image88
      Sue Baileyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I've been registered with Adsense and Google Analytics for quite some time but only checked it out the other day. Not that I understood what It all meant. It seemed that I was getting more views than the stats in HubPages show so I can't understand why my earnings have really dropped. I don't think I'll bother monitoring it again because I have just become more confused.

2. Rob Winters profile image78
    Rob Wintersposted 3 years ago

Adsense and Google Analytics A/C's may help.

I've never gotten round to doing this but if you link your adsense a/c to your google analytics account you should be able to get even more detailed data.

According to Google "When you link your AdSense account to your Analytics account, you can see key AdSense metrics (e.g., eCPM, Unit Impressions) correlated with Analytics metrics."

Whilst adsense impressions are not the same as hubpage views you will have more information on individual hubs with which to make inferences.

The Hubpages Earnings page only seems to provide the average CPM for all daily views as oppossed to hub per hub rates.It would be good to be able to break this down further in site.

Abby Campbellposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for explaining, Rob. It seems there is so much to keep track of when working on the internet. I can hardly keep up. LOL.

3. Jennifer Suchey profile image88
    Jennifer Sucheyposted 3 years ago via iphone

I never really thought about it. Just figured the hubs with most views make the most money. I spose if CPM is higher on a hub with less views it might earn more money, but not sure why it would make a difference knowing that. Seems focusing on what gets the views is the most important thing to know.

Abby Campbellposted 3 years ago in reply to this

At first, I figured the hubs that get most views would be earning the most as well. But, I do know that I use certain keywords in hubs that have a much higher CPM, so I was just curious. It would help me determine what viewers are looking for so that I can write more about that topic for the future.

1. Jennifer Suchey profile image88
        Jennifer Sucheyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Interesting. I guess I'd like to understand more about that as well then. Thanks for bringing this up.

4. KKeelor profile image62
    KKeelorposted 3 years ago

Did anyone find an answer?

working