jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (13 posts)

How much traffic is considered good for a hub?

1. PoeticPhilosophy profile image80
    PoeticPhilosophyposted 3 years ago

I'm curious about what the average amount of traffic is to be considered "good" for hubs, thanks smile

1. Philanthropy2012 profile image90
      Philanthropy2012posted 3 years ago in reply to this

My very best hub would receive about 80 views consistently a day and that I was really happy with.

That same hub got 40,000 views in one day though due to someone else posting it on Reddit (never knew that this was a good source of income!)  and then it went back to its normal 80 mark in two days...

It's quite hit and miss sometimes and there are days where I get 100 views across my (100+ hubs) and of course one can't help but feel disappointed!

Hope this helps smile!

PoeticPhilosophyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

40,000 in a day! Omg that's insane, haha. What was the topic on. And it does, thank you for the comment smile

You're welcome smile and it really was insane, I thought it was a HubPages error (one time it showed that both me and my girlfriend had views in the billions) until I got the payment for it!

It was on the topic of religion which, if you are looking for views, is a very provocative subject.

There are many people with many views and many different views on how they should express those views concerning religion!

2. LillyGrillzit profile image81
      LillyGrillzitposted 3 years ago in reply to this

This is an interesting question! Considering that almost every single Hub with decent traffic has been hacked or pirated, it is safe to say that this information is almost proprietary. Where the HubPages community used to help new Hubbers in answering these type questions, we should keep our traffic and earnings information to ourselves. PoeticPhilosophy you must know what I am talking about, as you shared in the horror we Hubbers were discussing on another forum where Paradigmshift discovered many of his and other Hubs on w w w car article dot com.  Good question though.

I wasn't asking specifically how much traffic you get on your hubs, I was simply and curiously asking what would be 'considered' a good amount of traffic to a hub. But thanks for answering.

3. Susana S profile image92
      Susana Sposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Totally depends on the type of hub, its potential and what you expect from it (goals of the hub).

A hub that compares products gets 20 visits a day which converts into one sale per day, and earns you $2 per day.

Another hub that gets 1000 hits per day but is monetised through adsense earns $2 per day from impressions.

Which is better?

Wow, really? I never knew that haha thanks for sharing Susana!

Yeah, personally I find a lot more stability in getting high views than getting high click through rates (mainly because I haven't figured out how to do the latter!)

In my time here on HubPages I've earned 99% of my money through impressions and still have not had 1 payment from AdSense haha!

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

There as many answers to that as there are hubbers.

Haha yeah I guess everyone's would be different but I just wanted an idea on how much is considered reasonable traffic per hub to give me an idea. Philan gave that to me smile

1. psycheskinner profile image81
        psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I don't think there is any consensus on that.  I don't even think there is any such number.  CPM is just as important as traffic for me as my goal is to acheive a certain income not a certain level of traffic.

No consensus here, I was just wondering "roughly" an average number and he gave it to me. It's not about people agreeing or disagreeing  if "that's the average" but I'm glad you have a goal your working for smile.

working