jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (12 posts)

My Page won't publish!

1. Morayma Rodriguez profile image61
    Morayma Rodriguezposted 3 years ago

I've gotten a message that Hubpage won't publish my page because it's too short, but the thing is over 700 words long. Exactly how many words does it need before these guys finally put it up?

2. paradigmsearch profile image87
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

What exactly did the HP message say?

3. Morayma Rodriguez profile image61
    Morayma Rodriguezposted 3 years ago

It said:
    This Hub is too short to support outbound links. Short Hubs or "teasers" with links may be moderated as Overly Promotional, and very short hubs may also be moderated as Substandard. Please add more content to this Hub before publishing it.

I've added to Hub to make it longer, and I'm not promoting anything business related, and it still won't publish. I don't know what else to do.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi Morayma,

If you remove the links your Hub should publish just fine. Otherwise, you'll need to either add more content or reduce the number of links in your Hub.

Morayma Rodriguezposted 3 years ago in reply to this

What link would that be? I don't remember even adding a link.

Oh, I see. So, you did not include any links in your Hub, but you received a link warning, is that correct?

From what I can tell, Yes. I didn't post any links, I checked after replying to you to make sure. I'm not promoting any businesses that I'm aware of. And I've have recently extended the content so that its longer now, but so far nothing has worked. I just don't understand exactly what's wrong.

Thanks for the details! Sounds like it might be a bug. I'll check with the engineering team.

Thanks! I really appreciate it!

2. Christy Kirwan profile image

We took a look at your account, and it looks like you accidentally selected the option to hide your text capsule.

http://blog.hubpages.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Screen-shot-2013-08-01-at-11.30.46-AM.png

When your text capsule is hidden, the HubTool does not recognize that text toward your word count and that text will not show up when the Hub is published. So if you uncheck "Don't display this capsule" your Hub should be ready to publish.

The reason you were getting a link warning is because you added a link in your photo attribution. Attribution links still count as outbound links.

Okay, I'll make the changes right away and see what happens. Thanks for letting me know!

Glad to help! smile

working