Let's Get More Traffic and Have Some Fun at the Same Time

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (98 posts)
  1. Barbara Kay profile image73
    Barbara Kayposted 10 years ago

Yesterday someone shared one of my hubs on Facebook. It got 210 views. Let's try sharing some of the stuff of others that Facebook people tend to love and see what happens. You can use the referral link to earn some extra cash yourself. If nothing else, you are helping someone else out and helping Hubpages get some more traffic.

The results should be fun to watch.

Barbara Kayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I shared one - How To Make Butternut Squash and Spinach Lasagna. I forgot to use the referral link though. Oh well, maybe tomorrow I can do another one and use it.

1. Solaras profile image95
        Solarasposted 10 years agoin reply to this

What does the referral link do and how do you use it?

You can find it at the very bottom of the hubpage. Click on it and copy and paste the link that it gives you. You can earn 10% of the earnings from that link.

Brilliant!

Which link the referral tracking link or the hub link it has highlighted?

Use the highlighted link. Copy and paste it.

2. profile image0
            Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I did not know that.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image82
              Mark Ewbieposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Me neither.  No one in my Facebook crew reads anything I post anyway. Neither does anyone on Pinterest. I am a social leper.

1. profile image0
                Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

lol. If that's so, we should all catch your disease.

2. NiaG profile image85
                NiaGposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You're not alone.

3. Gordon Hamilton profile image92
                Gordon Hamiltonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I do not for one second believe anyone reads or looks at anything on Pinterest. It's the second biggest waste of space on the Web after Twitter. At least Twitter was well named, to let users know only Twits use it... smile

3. CrescentSkies profile image62
            CrescentSkiesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Definitely a good motivation to share other people's hubs!

4. Deanna-Balestra profile image60
            Deanna-Balestraposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Wow I had no idea, new here, thanks for the tip!

2. sgbrown profile image94
      sgbrownposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm not real active on FaceBook, so much drama these days, but I looked at what my "friends" are posting and they seem to like recipes, so I shared your Snickerdoodles recipe.  I think this is a great idea.  We could really help each other our by doing things such as this. We all need to do more social sharing and see if we can raise those views!  smile

Thanks sgbrown. I wish more people would get involved. It might make a difference.

1. sholland10 profile image82
          sholland10posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm in!  Barbara, this is a lovely idea!  Rather than wallow in the view decline, we help each other.  I am going to look over who is participating, and share some hubs.  I hope it is helpful. 

SGBrown, oh, the drama.  That is why I had to leave some groups.  I wish everyone could play nice.  :-)

1. Victoria Lynn profile image87
            Victoria Lynnposted 10 years agoin reply to this

LIKE. (I think the forums should have "like" buttons under the comments. :-)

2. Victoria Lynn profile image87
            Victoria Lynnposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Barbara, I shared your "how to get rid of slugs the organic way" on my facebook page with personal comments, since I've been having problems with slugs out there. Hope it gets you some views. :-)

3. moonlake profile image82
      moonlakeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm not on facebook much but I will try it.

4. brokenmeadows profile image90
      brokenmeadowsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I just pinned a few people's hubs to pinterest... hopefully they get more traffic than I ever generate from my pins smile

5. angryelf profile image89
      angryelfposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Good Idea! I just shared one of yours Barbara, "Health Benefits of Almond Milk". I'm going to share a few more from some other great hubbers as well smile

6. Eddie Dagstanyan profile image68
      Eddie Dagstanyanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Shared your "Uses for Rubbing Alcohol" hub, Barbara.  Lots of good info there. smile

7. David R Bradley profile image81
      David R Bradleyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Barbara - great idea!  I just shared your HUB "How To Clean The Smell of Smoke From Your Clothes and Hair" on my Twitter Feed, Google+, LinkedIN and the Facebook page for the book I wrote called How To Stop Smoking Without Killing Anyone.  Hopefully this will get you some additional traffic.  In the mean time over the next week, I'll make it a point to look at the HUBS from eveyone in this thread and try to share one a day.  I have 3 areas of focus - Stopping Smoking, Home Based Health and Fitness, Sales and Sales Training.  If anyone's got a Hub that's a Doosie, fits my demographics here and needs a little more attention I'd be happy to post it.  You can email me at puravidaetc@gmail.com

8. notyouraverageal profile image80
      notyouraveragealposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Barbara, I just shared your hub about the benefits of almond milk.  Hopefully, you'll get some traffic from it.  Feel free to share my hubs with the world! :-)

9. Solaras profile image95

This is off topic - but I found another site hosted at Go Daddy that is ripping off hubs, and saw some of you guys hubs over there. Definitely Agilitymach, your color hub for agility dogs is there.  Please check it out.  I sent notices to Google on 7 stolen hubs today.

Some of them are coming up right underneath my hub article in SERPs. Infuriating.

the site lol: all-topics dot com

2. agilitymach profile image94
        agilitymachposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Solaras.  I've already sent them a DMCA complaint but will now send it to Google too.

2. The Dirt Farmer profile image89
    The Dirt Farmerposted 10 years ago

I don't use Facebook but often pin my own hubs and the hubs of others on Pinterest. Maybe we could all pin a little bit more, too, to increase HP traffic.

1. findwholeness profile image87
      findwholenessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I just pinned your hub "How to Overwinter Herbs" smile

1. The Dirt Farmer profile image89
        The Dirt Farmerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks! I pinned your "Fructose Intolerance - The New Food Allergy on the Block." Yeah!

1. findwholeness profile image87

Awesome, thanks!

2. LuisEGonzalez profile image78
          LuisEGonzalezposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Great idea, thanks for bringing it up!

Just pinned some hubs from a few of you. Hope it helps!

I pinned your Small Fantasy Gardens hub. They love gardening photos at Pinterest.

3. Solaras profile image95

Hi Dirt Farmer I pinned your Ikebana design hub - lovely! I am pleased to have it in my Designs I love board.

3. ologsinquito profile image83
    ologsinquitoposted 10 years ago

I sometimes pin others hubs as well. That's a really good idea to help one another.

4. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 10 years ago

good idea . I wish someone would share my hub at facebook too

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image78

I pinned one of your articles, Hope it helps.

5. Nicole Henley profile image69
    Nicole Henleyposted 10 years ago

I pinned your Buckeyes Candy Recipe.

Thanks.

6. younghopes profile image67
    younghopesposted 10 years ago

Now this is something really interesting, though i have pinned sometimes other hubbers hub as well,

7. Solaras profile image95
    Solarasposted 10 years ago

To join in the "help Your Favorite Hubbers" Campaing I have FB shared one of Agilitymachs nice hubs.  I have another one in mind, and will pace them.  Recipes are always welcome on FB page.  You can find me at Barbara Fitzgerald (with a picture of a black and white dog in Atlanta GA) and post on my page!

I can't spell correct after posting :-( lol

Can't find you on Facebook.

3. agilitymach profile image94

I posted Solaras' article on "20 Homemade Dog Snacks: Turn Your Leftovers and Kitchen Scraps into Easy, Healthy Dog Treats."  My hundreds of competition agility dog friends on FB who are always looking for good snacks for their dogs will like it. smile

1. agilitymach profile image94

I FB shared the link, but I'm not seeing it on my FB page.  I'll have to see if it shows up tomorrow.  Kinda odd.

8. NiaG profile image85
    NiaGposted 10 years ago

Not to be selfish or anything but when you do your referral link on facebook do you still get a percentage of the views? I used to do it but the link that is shown doesn't show my referral tracker unless I leave it in the "say something..." box. So I stopped. I don't think my friends click that link. More than likely they're clicking the link next to the picture but that link doesn't show the referral tracker code. Am I making sense? Can someone clarify that for me.

P.S. I don't mind sharing others articles, I still do but not as much as I used to.

1. NiaG profile image85
      NiaGposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Nevermind, I answered my own question. It does show my referral code.

9. Solaras profile image95

Thanks Agilitymach! I have double red arrows on that post right now!

Cool!!!!!

2. agilitymach profile image94

I shared a Pinterest link for your Gluten Free Pork Tenderloin as well. smile

Thank you!! I shared your Deaf dog training hub as well. Let me know how it does.  I know a few people who could use the info.

It's already got a red arrow, and the traffic numbers have been stuck for 6 hours. smile  Pretty good, I'd say!!  Thank you. smile

10. Solaras profile image95

I think all this qualifies as paying it forward.  Good work everybody!

11. LongTimeMother profile image91
    LongTimeMotherposted 10 years ago

I don't do FB because I'm off the grid with satellite connection and FB uses too much of my monthly d

12. LongTimeMother profile image91

oops.  ... too much of my monthly download amount, but I'd be very interested to see if it might be worthwhile paying the extra $$ for more. Any chance anyone could FB one of mine? You're welcome to the 10% and I'd be really interested to see the results. Thanks. smile

I'll pin one to Pinterest. I don't want to send too many on Facebook at one time or they'll think I'm spamming them.

I pinned it to Health.

2. moonlake profile image82
        moonlakeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I won't put to much on facebook because of spam I unfriend on person on my facebook because she spammed so much I couldn't read messages from my family. I'm also careful with Pinterest. I'm visiting everyone on here and doing something for them either Pin, Tweet, Facebook, Tumblr or Stumbleupon or G+..

2. DrMark1961 profile image97
      DrMark1961posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I have the same problem with FB. I would use it but it is just not worth it because of my connection. I pin some hubs to Pinterest, and share on HP.

1. LongTimeMother profile image91
        LongTimeMotherposted 10 years agoin reply to this

lol. Unlimited speedy downloading is the one real attraction of moving back to the city. Like you, I share on HP and occasionally pin.

3. Solaras profile image95

I facebooked your dog show hub to my dog show friends 1600+ around the world.  I'll be interested to know if they take a look at it or get offended before even reading it. lol

13. Nicole Henley profile image69
    Nicole Henleyposted 10 years ago

I am trying to pin one of each of the hubs of people that have responded to this forum. I have to admit that I am enjoying reading other people's interests.  Thanks for starting this forum, Barbara.

Nicole, You are welcome.

2. findwholeness profile image87

Very cool!

14. toptendeals profile image71
    toptendealsposted 10 years ago

Hi all, I promote with pinterest and facebook too.  I'll go through and link some of your hubs to my social media.  Let me know if it helped.

15. LongTimeMother profile image91

21 hours since the last stats update. Early monday morning already in Australia but I'm thinking we'll be waiting until the end of your weekend before we can start seeing any change in stats. I'll be watching with interest for feedback. It feels like an educational workshop. lol.

I know. I am anxious to see if it made any difference.

My traffic still went down today (Monday.)

I shared your cilantro healthy herb hub on FB - I hope it helps!

Thanks Solaras

16. Solaras profile image95

My stats have been frozen since last night - so it's a little discouraging to not be able to know anything at all about whether there has been any effect.  Sigh...

1. toptendeals profile image71
      toptendealsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yeah my stats are frozen too.  Should clear up soon hopefully! big_smile

17. agilitymach profile image94
    agilitymachposted 10 years ago

You can check your daily stats anyway by using Google Analytics.  Go to audience and click the calendar for today only.  That will let you see your traffic.  For a weekend, I'm doing well today.

My daily stats are showing the same as the frozen stats, which I think have been stuck since last night.  They can't all be the same today as they were 20 hours ago.  I hope....

18. agilitymach profile image94
    agilitymachposted 10 years ago

Now that the site is refreshing number again, I have great numbers for a weekend!!  Woot!!  Some of the hubs that have been shared are doing especially well. smile

19. Solaras profile image95

Woo Hoo - the roller coaster ride is back open again - Stats are back reporting and looking nicer than a week ago in spite of the going back to school weekend!  I can hear the gears grinding as they pull my chain of hub cars up to the next rise on the coaster.  Thanks everyone for sharing over the weekend.  I see a nice increase in page views, and hopefully it will continue to add value!

Let's keep at it.  If you see something your personal audience might enjoy. Let's remember to share!

20. vocalcoach profile image93
    vocalcoachposted 10 years ago

I often pin and post links of other hubbers.  I like this idea - we sure need to do something to increase traffic.  Great suggestion and count me in.

21. ologsinquito profile image83
    ologsinquitoposted 10 years ago

This is a great idea. Someone this weekend pinned one of my articles (thank you), and I pinned one of hers. This is similar to what they do at Seekyt, a newer and much smaller site, where they have a more formal SEO co-op.

22. ComfortB profile image84
    ComfortBposted 10 years ago

I've often shared others hub without using the referral link. Now I know. Thanks.

For those who don't want to share on FB because of all the drama, try Zurker, it's the FB equivalent 'without all the drama'. A great number of HP members are on there.

I'll run along to sharing some hubs now. smile

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image78

I have been pinning a lot of images/articles from hubbers that I like. However, I only pin things that I find worthwhile. I don't think we should just pin for the sake of pinnig alone.

I totally agree - I have a large FB audience that is doggie focused, so dog posts are natural for me to post.  I think you need to find those posts that resonate with you and your followers to feel good about sharing them and for your friends to appreciate in return.

Having said that I just reposted an Aussie murder mystery that had me spellbound! lol

23. Barbara Kay profile image73
    Barbara Kayposted 10 years ago

Gordon, I get a lot of traffic from Pinterest. Are they reading the articles? I don't know. In certain categories they are coming up better than Hubpages on Google.

24. KevinC9998 profile image73
    KevinC9998posted 10 years ago

Sounds like a good idea, I would love to get some more traffic. What do I need to do?

Just share someone's hub and one of us will share yours. Do it either on Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.

Right now I am experiencing the best numbers ever - thanks to any and everyone who has shared one of my hubs!!

2. KevinC9998 profile image73
        KevinC9998posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Got it!  Thanks,

2. David R Bradley profile image81

Kevin - Congratulations on Kicking the Habit and getting back into the non-smoking section - good for you man!  I just shared your Hub "One Cigarette Won't Kill You" on my Twitter feed, my G+ Page, Linked In and my Facebook page for my book - How To Stop Smoking Without Killing Anyone.  I'm happy to share any one's relevant Hubs on that Facebook page!  Love this idea!  Gotta support the writing community big time!

1. KevinC9998 profile image73
        KevinC9998posted 10 years agoin reply to this

David: Thank you so much, I am going to check out some of your hubs and return the favor!  Thanks, Kevin

25. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 10 years ago

I'm in! I just shared a link to Barbara Kay's hub about daylilies on FB. I have a lot of gardening pals there.

I also shared Audrey's hub about changes in smell and taste due to aging. I put it on FB, as I'm friends with a lot of senior citizens.

I'll be pinning and Tweeting some hubs, too.

Thanks habee. I am sharing yours about how to make a chocolate pound cake.

2. David R Bradley profile image81

Just shared your Low Carb hub!

26. sgbrown profile image94
    sgbrownposted 10 years ago

Someone shared my hub on Zoe, the Golden Zebra on FaceBook and it brought in more than 200 extra views in one day. That may not be a lot in some people's eyes, but every little bit helps. Sharing someone else's hubs, whether it be on FB, Pintrest, etc., is one of the best ways to help each other get more views here.  Lord knows, Google is not helping!  I have been sharing to many different sites, trying to help. I hope everyone jumps on this "band wagon" and see if we can get our view up!  smile

I think that's a ton! lol  I am off to share about Zoe now myself!

2. Nicole Henley profile image69
      Nicole Henleyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That's truly awesome.

1. David R Bradley profile image81

Nicole - my dad's an MFT - I just put your Hub on Self Esteem on his FB wall - very good hub by the way.  LOVED The Help!

1. Nicole Henley profile image69
          Nicole Henleyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Oh, thank you. I am so glad you enjoyed it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)