jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Introduce Yourself, State When You Started Here, Say Why You Love It!

1. PoeticPhilosophy profile image80
    PoeticPhilosophyposted 3 years ago

Hi, about myself, I started here 7 weeks ago and I started with the intent of sharing my poetry and also found out I can receive money while doing it so that boomed me to do it. Through being here I had no idea this was a community of writer's, I thought you simply just post your writings and get view's and when I found this out I loved it because everyone is so positive and friendly. I love it because I get to post what I love and help people for the better smile, say what you love about hubpages and the things listed in the title. If you find someone who started around the same date with you follow him/her if your interested because it's good to grow with people around the same start-times. All the best smile

1. 0
      Beth37posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hmm... let's see. I started around 7 mos ago I believe. I enjoy it very much although Ive learned I will never make money here. smile
      I like the immediate feedback I get on the forums, although everything really seems to start slowing down around 9:30 pm, which bums me out. I met a few really sweet ppl when I first joined and they are still so kind as to leave a comment on my hubs, no matter how boring. I love to read their stuff too. I am drawn to those who write on spiritual issues, those who are funny/fun, recipe hubs, poetry and generally anything that is really just well written... usually bio's are my favorite kinds of reads. I like ppl's stories. I'm grateful to have met everyone here, even those who are mean and nasty and act like they were raised in a barn, you know who you are. lol... I'm just kidding... mostly. I do that a lot. Hopefully ppl wont take me too seriously, I don't. smile

PoeticPhilosophyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for sharing Beth big_smile

2. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

I started here in April of 2011 because I've always been a frustrated wanna-be writer/critic and thought this looked like a good place to post some of my nerdist blatherings about the two great loves of my life, those being B-Movies and heavy metal music.

I've always treated this site as a hobby and not a revenue source, which is a good thing because there sure as hell hasn't been much revenue.

PoeticPhilosophyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Well it's good you have a hobby to do smile Eas some stress off ya. Thank you for sharing smile