peer review my latest hub?

1. 0
    WhydThatHappenposted 3 years ago

My newest hub, … onfinement , is on a topic that's getting a lot of press lately. The California prison hunger strike to improve conditions of solitary confinement, except my hub is on children in solitary confinement.

I think this issue is incredibly important, and would like feedback on all aspects of the article including style, spelling, and grammar, but I would also like to hear what questions it raises for you, and what you would like to hear more about. Any help would be great.

Thanks, Alex

1. HollieT profile image89
      HollieTposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I think your hub is very well written and researched. Unfortunately, many internet searchers have the attention span of a nat, to assist them to *actually finish reading a page* it is better to produce shorter paragraphs. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the length of your paragraphs, but internet searchers tend to bounce off a page when faced with a wall of text.

Perhaps, and this is just a suggestion, you could right align some of the supporting media, keeping the text flowing but in smaller paragraphs. Others with better suggestions will be along shortly. smile

I found your article very interesting. I'm particularly interested in women as offenders, victims and criminal justice workers. But haven't wrote about it, yet:)

I voted too- solitary confinement, imho, is barbaric.

1. 0
        WhydThatHappenposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks! I right aligned my pictures as you suggested. I might rewrite some of the paragraphs into more palatable portions eventually, but I'll wait to see some hubmetrics first.

Focusing on women offenders, victims, and criminal justice workers sounds like some good reading, I hope you end up doing it sometime soon.