jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Spammer designation on comments

1. Mardi profile image84
    Mardiposted 7 years ago

Hope this is not already answered somewhere, I did look around with no luck. If someone leaves a comment that is normal such as "interesting hub", why are they identified as a spammer over the approve/deny button?

Is it OK to approve their comment if it seems perfectly fine? hmm

Thanks in advance.

1. Teresa McGurk profile image83
      Teresa McGurkposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Same thing happened to me today, when someone left a two-word comment on one of my hubs, and it was marked as spam.  I approved the comment since, like you Mardi, I thought it looked perfectly fine.  However, I did notice the same hubber leaving similar two-word comments on other new hubs I visited today, so now I'm wondering. . . .

2. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image93
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 7 years ago

Some people leave little throw away comments like that on every hub that gets published trying to drive traffic to their own hubs. They're basically the same people that become fans of everybody that joins HP. I don't think it will hurt you any to approve their comments, but I don't know that there is any particular benefit either.

1. 0
      shinujohn2008posted 7 years ago in reply to this

People who join everyones fan club , get their hub scores lowered tremendously and always make posts in forum wondering why their own scores are at a low. This is because of good and bad neighbourhoods, if we join lot of very low scored or new hubbers continously who are not at all creating good hubs, it will lower our scores deeply.

Spam comments are made when some one posts a url or the same words repeatedly in lot of hubs. It is our decision to approve them or not.

1. Nickny79 profile image88
        Nickny79posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Well said!  way to take charge!

3. mrizos profile image76
    mrizosposted 7 years ago

If they leave a 2 word comment like:

Nice Hub

and then

then that is spam

4. bgamall profile image86
    bgamallposted 7 years ago

Hey Mizros, whats wrong with the link? Lol, just kidding.

5. Mardi profile image84
    Mardiposted 7 years ago

Great, thanks everyone for your answers.