jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (14 posts)

A hub not featured for quality.

1. carol7777 profile image85
    carol7777posted 3 years ago

I just wrote a hub on blogging.  I did feature Janine Huldie as one who did my blog. Is this considered over promotional? I just submitted this morning and the little  circle appeared.  Any ideas here?

1. psycheskinner profile image81
      psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I would suggest posting a link in the hub makeover area.

2. bravewarrior profile image94
      bravewarriorposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Try adding a poll and maybe some Amazon products about blogging.  If Janine has a You Tube video, you could include that.  How many checks did you have in the checklist?  That's a good guideline for having hubs featured.  I tweaked over 50 of my hubs using these methods and now all but two are featured.

1. carol7777 profile image85
        carol7777posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks so much...I have a feeling it was too promotional, even if not myself...I featured her because I was so pleased with her work.

2. lovebuglena profile image91
        lovebuglenaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

What do you mean by "How many checks did you have in the checklist?"? What checklist are you referring to?

1. sallybea profile image98
          sallybeaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

As you add content to your Hub you will see A list of Goals on the right hand side.  This is where you add capsules, such as videos, amazon, e-bay, maps etc.,  As you add this content, the boxes will be ticked - telling you how you are doing with the Hub.  This is invaluable and a great resource when putting your Hub together.

2. bravewarrior profile image94
          bravewarriorposted 3 years ago in reply to this

When you are creating your hubs, there is a box on the top right part of the screen.  It tracks word count and checks appear when you meet certain criteria.  If you go into edit mode, you'll see it.  You get more checks and points as you add capsules to your hubs.  If they all get checked off, your piece should be featured.  Getting 8 or above should reap the same results.

3. lovebuglena profile image91

Without seeing the content of your hub it is hard to say if it is over promotional or not. Maybe it's too short, or you overstuffed it with keywords. If you've featured Amazon products maybe you've included too many.

4. lovebuglena profile image91

I wonder if you run Hub Violations if it will tell you anything about this unfeatured hub...

5. lovebuglena profile image91

It's worth a shot I think.

2. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 3 years ago

It is a new hub. The circle with arrows simply means that is has not been reviewed yet.

1. lovebuglena profile image91

By the circle I gather she means an empty circle which means an unfeatured hub due to quality. She didn't say anything about arrows.

3. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 3 years ago

Technically there are several types of circles.

4. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

The only way to get a good opinion of the problem would be to link people to the specific hub. Otherwise we are just guessing.

working