jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Hub title length

1. ECO-logic profile image59
    ECO-logicposted 3 years ago

Hello everyone, I read  in the learning center this article about hub titles: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/How- … ndly-Title

They say that the title should be short (also mentioned for stellar hubs), from 3 to 7 words. I am trying to improve my hubs, but I find this hard to accomplish, I am writing a series of articles about "save money reducing the electricity bill" and I cover several topics. For example, I have this one about DIY Solar Panels:

http://eco-logic.hubpages.com/hub/Save- … Panels-DIY

the title has 10 words, is it a problem for my traffic? I could reduce it but I would cover less important keywords and I find all them well suited and good explanatory (not keyword stuffing).

What do you think?

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi ECO-logic, it's ok to make your own judgement call in order to make your title as accurate as possible. I'd avoid making your titles longer than 65 characters, though, or the whole title will not display on HubPages or in searches.

1. rainsanmartin profile image90
        rainsanmartinposted 3 years ago in reply to this

What about the long-tail title, I've read this is good for SEO? As long as the title is 65 characters or less why should it matter how many words there are as long as it explains the content in a helpful way? A longer title is often more accurate.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image83
      The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago in reply to this

You do mention the 'homemade solar panels' in your summary and could remove those words from your title - if you wish.

2. lovebuglena profile image91
    lovebuglenaposted 3 years ago

I don't think longer titles will cause a problem as far as hub traffic goes.

3. lovebuglena profile image91
    lovebuglenaposted 3 years ago

I have some hubs that have title with more than 7 words and they have great traffic.