Getting more traffic?

1. profile image60
    Baimezanposted 3 years ago

Hey,
    So uh, my problem is that basically I can't really drag move traffic. I tweet my hubs, I put hash tags in the tweets and I also pin all the pict ures on pinterest. Yet most of my views still come from Hubpages. None of my hubs has 100+ views, even after one of them is picked as a Rising Star. Am I doing something wrong? Are there other places I can get more traffic?

1. brokenmeadows profile image90
      brokenmeadowsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I've only been here two months, and already have some very successful hubs featured on page 1 of google through forum postings.  I did my keyword research beforehand, then found relevant forums and posted my link.  It's important to only post on forums that your hub will contribute to, instead of spamming your link everywhere, and be sure to provide helpful advice in your post.  That way, people are more inclined to actually click your link, and pass it on themselves.  This helps in two ways: it builds backlinks, and drives traffic.  Do a lot of research on SEO before publishing hubs- it will help greatly.  Find topics you have interest in and knowledge of, that people are actively searching for, and make your hub the best site around on that topic.  If a topic's already saturated, it probably isn't even worth trying- look for low competition topics, where you have a shot at getting noticed.

Your topic- gaming- does have a lot of potential.  If you do some good SEO research and then spread your link in a non-spammy way, you should see great traffic in no time at all.  Gaming isn't going to do well on twitter or pinterest- look for gaming forums.

2. janshares profile image90
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

You're not doing anything wrong, Baimezan. You've only been here five weeks. Traffic comes slowly with time and patience. You will only see HP traffic when you start here. When Google acknowledges your hubs as "worthy" you'll start seeing an increase in traffic, maybe in 3 to 6 months. It is possible for it to happen sooner if you have a stellar hub, a rockin' title, and awesome keywords. As for hubs having 100 views a day? Be patient. I still have a few that haven't garnered 100 views yet.

working