jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (12 posts)

Not really related to HP: does anyone know about article reselling?

1. Sandra Harriette profile image59
    Sandra Harrietteposted 3 years ago

I don't mean the concept of taking an article and repurposing it. I'm talking about writing an article in a content mill that someone resells for profit without having had to do anything at all.

1. galleryofgrace profile image81
      galleryofgraceposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Do you mean like in Textbroker?  There are hubbers who buy articles from that site and post them here. Once you buy an article -it is considered yours.

1. nArchuleta profile image92
        nArchuletaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Why would they do that? To me the point of Hub Pages is promoting your own writing. I know some people are in it for the money, though...

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
          Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Actually, the point of HubPage is to earn income by publishing articles.  That's the reason for HubPages' existence! 

Some Hubbers use HubPages to promote their writing. Some use it to promote their business.  Some use it to network with other writers.  All valid purposes but not the primary purpose.

1. Cardisa profile image89
            Cardisaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

There has always been a huge misconception as to the purpose of Hubpages. I always feel weird when people ask questions about whether you are here because you love writing or to make money. They make it seem as if making money here means you don't love writing which is not so.

1. ChristinS profile image93
              ChristinSposted 3 years ago in reply to this

+1 I totally agree Cardisa People seem to have the mentality that if you write to earn a living it somehow cheapens the love of writing.  I look at it as using a talent/skill I enjoy to earn a living and I see nothing wrong with that.  There is a lot of "starving artist" mentality around writing.

2. janshares profile image88
        jansharesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Seriously, galleryofgrace? I never heard of textbroker. I have no problem with making money but I find it strange not to be able to have pride behind your own work or share the motivation and inspirations behind it. Oh yeah, silly naive me. It is ONLY about money for some people. Okay. hmm

2. Cardisa profile image89
      Cardisaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I am not quite understanding you but I am a freelancer who write for various clients and get paid. I write articles and fiction. I am a member of Elance, Guru.com and oDesk. Are you referring to freelance writing?

2. Chris Qu profile image94
    Chris Quposted 3 years ago

I frequently do this. It's my only source of income at the moment. Is there a particular question you have, or something you'd like to know more about?

1. nArchuleta profile image92
      nArchuletaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

For whom do you write, if you don't mind my asking.

1. Chris Qu profile image94
        Chris Quposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I was contracted through oDesk by a company called OES Aidan. I'm not sure which process they use to find their clients, but on my end of things, I can view a task management system with a bunch of their requests on it, and I can pick the ones I want. I am not actually told who I am writing for, but I suppose as long as I am being paid for my work, it's all the same to me. smile

3. SerraB profile image83
    SerraBposted 3 years ago

I write for several 'content mills'. The work flow is different for each site, but what is it that you're asking? Do you want to buy articles or have them bought?

And I don't write for them because I am doing what I love, I write for them because I want money. I love sitting on the Gulf's coast. Writing is a means to an end. smile I don't actually like writing.

working