jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Earnings decrease almost 300%!

1. weezyschannel profile image85
    weezyschannelposted 3 years ago

Can someone please help me here?  Increase in traffic and followers.
    Last year was averaging almost 2 $ a day. Dramatic decrease in hub earnings from ad program like down to .25 a day!!   What is happening ! Not adsense - I only make .50 a year maybe with the clicks from ads.  I wish we can place ads ourselves in places. Anyway I am concerned about the hub earnings as I was going to write more hubs but not with writing for a quarter a day

Please please check Into this

1. PoeticPhilosophy profile image80
      PoeticPhilosophyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Well I'm no expert and alot of people are talking about how their earnings have dropped because of google, but from what I see you have 39 hubs and you haven't wrote for a month! Being consistent is a very important key-element. I see people saying how there earnings have dropped so I always peep at their profile and they haven't writtin a hub in a month.. So they are sitting on what they have. To be honest I keep gaining more traffic everyday! And I am consistent, I write atleast 2-3 hubs a week. So I hope this helps, this is my perspective.

2. janshares profile image86
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

Hi weezyschannel. Most of us are experiencing the same. My earnings are down, too, significantly. I think it has a lot to do with the changes that this site is going through that affect views and traffic. PoeticPhilosophy gives very good advice. I would follow it as I do some of the same. However, there is a certain amount of fluctuations over which we have limited control. Ride the roller coaster with perspective. Hopefully, our earnings will return.

3. Chatkath profile image88
    Chatkathposted 3 years ago

I can certainly understand the frustration as my earnings have dropped as well but I attributed mine to the fact that I just haven't written a hub in months. It is easy to get into the cycle of why write a hub for pennies but looking at it another way, sometimes hubs will surprise the writer and bring in hundreds of hits inspiring more hubs etc. With that in mind I will try and motivate my creative spirit and whip out a few hubs. Worst case, I am no worse than before. I am also going to research which hubs are traffic magnets right now and why.
    I am glad to hear that a small percentage of the decline is due to the powers that be :-)

1. janshares profile image86
      jansharesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Good for you, Chatkath. Now get to stepping and produce some hubs. smile Love your motivation, don't let it go. Welcome Back.