jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Style Tip Box Still Showing After Editing?

1. Alison Graham profile image93
    Alison Grahamposted 3 years ago

I love the style tip box and have used it this morning on editing my hubs. However, whilst the box disappears when I remove any 'join hubpages' capsule as suggested, it does not disappear after editing to remove excess amazon or ebay links/capsules.

It is still there after I click the done editing and then return to the edit screen. It would be helpful if it would disappear when the article is meeting the criteria.

Thanks
    Alison

1. missolive profile image94
      missoliveposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi Alison, the exact same thing happened to me with the Amazon capsule.
      I reduced the product to one, minimized the product to the right (next to related text) and the style tip box is still there.
      Note, it did disappear after editing on another hub though. Either we are missing the one concept/step written into the program or there is some sort of glitch.
      I'm sure HP staff will spot your post and check it out. Thank you for bringing it up. Either way, I like the style tip box, it does serve as a great guide.

1. Robin profile image
        Robinposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi Alison.  smile  I tested it in Chrome and the tip was removed as soon as I removed the products.  Are you hiding the capsule instead of deleting the products?  The tip will be shown if you hide the capsule.  If not, what browser, OS, and versions are you using?

1. Alison Graham profile image93
          Alison Grahamposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi Robin, thanks for taking a look at this for me. I am using Firefox and Windows 7 (Professional)

I did the exercise on my gluten free scones hub and it is still showing the tip - as is my bed bugs hub. However when I edited and republished a hub that I had unpublished due to it becoming unfeatured (on whey protein), the tip disappeared.

Yes, I have either deleted the capsule or changed it to just show one product in every case (not hidden a capsule).

Thanks again for your help.

1. Robin profile image
            Robinposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for letting us know.  I've let Edward, our engineer working on Tips, know.  We appreciate the heads up, and thanks for implementing the Tips! smile

working