jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Confused About Contextual Amazon Links

1. EricDockett profile image97
    EricDockettposted 3 years ago

If we link to Amazon using the link tool does that count as one of our outbound affiliate links, or is it the same as using the Amazon capsule (unlimited)?

Also, I presume it is not acceptable to use links straight from Amazon which would only have our own affiliate code in them.  (Not split 60/40)

2. cornwall_UK profile image86
    cornwall_UKposted 3 years ago

Using the Amazon capsule does not use up your "two links to another domain". 

The number of Amazon capsules is controlled by the number of words you've written, so you can use a lot of amazon modules in one hub if you wish, so long as they're relevant and your overall word count is sufficient..... although having lots would look "spammy" and, statistically speaking, they're unlikely to yield better results just by having more.

You may use direct to Amazon links, thereby keeping 100%.

For the record: You have to be using an Amazon.com affiliate ID in the modules.  But for direct linking you could be any other country Amazon affiliate (as it runs separate ones per country).

EricDockettposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks! I understand about the Amazon capsule.  What  I'm wondering about is using contextual links via the link tool.

Are you sure about linking direct to Amazon and taking 100% of commission?

3. Alison Graham profile image93
    Alison Grahamposted 3 years ago

Hi Eric, nothing of value to contribute I'm afraid, just wanted to follow this discussion but I think that Cornwall UK is correct with the contextual links. I paste in my own url collected from the text link section in Amazon when I want to do this and limit it to two contextual links per hub (to any site or sites). I also use the no-follow tick box for any affiliate ones.

EricDockettposted 3 years ago in reply to this

. . . interesting. 

I use my own links on Squidoo but I didn't know I could do it here.  Thanks for your input!