jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (16 posts)

What is the dumbest topic you have ever written about?

1. LastRoseofSummer2 profile image89
    LastRoseofSummer2posted 3 years ago

It doesn't necessarily have to be something you've written for Hubpages. I'm just wondering if, like me, you have anything from your past that you have written and looking back on it makes your blood curdle because you wonder how on earth you could have done anything so stupid.

I think the dumbest topic I have ever written about was way back when I first started freelancing: I got this ridiculous idea that I would write an obituary every time an opera singer died. Aside from the fact that opera is a topic with a very limited audience, this subject is NOT by any means evergreen!

It's funny the things we learn. But I still have to look at the site I published those articles on, and all I can think is "Grrr, WHY did I do this?!"

Please share if you want.

1. ChristinS profile image93
      ChristinSposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I write content for clients on some websites and by far the worst thing I had to research and write about was toenail diseases lol

LastRoseofSummer2posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Ew! But, if it brought you some money...that's why we all sometimes write about strange topics. We're just trying to earn some dough.

2. Ella Quirk profile image85
      Ella Quirkposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Now that's what I call niche!

Yeah, a niche no one but myself will ever climb into! wink

3. dutchman1951 profile image61
      dutchman1951posted 3 years ago in reply to this

for me it was Politics, because reguardless of opinion in my Hub,  it was a waste of time.

2. BucsaEmanuel profile image80
    BucsaEmanuelposted 3 years ago

The dumbest thing I ever wrote about was bacteria. I wrote a few pages about them and hoped to sell microscopes in the process. smile)

Ooh, and I'm assuming you didn't sad

3. earner profile image85
    earnerposted 3 years ago

Dentists in a tiny town .... to meet one of the HP monthly challenges based around locations/travel (2011 I think it was).

Dull .... and never got any traffic.  But, it did get me a free entry into the drawer for $50.... so I did it for that.

You were given suggestions for what to write about and I was a bit stuck and wanted to write "something".

4. Stacie L profile image86
    Stacie Lposted 3 years ago

Maybe this isn't dumb but odd...I wrote a hub about porta- potty dangers. roll

1. paradigmsearch profile image88
      paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I wrote a commode ode. lol

5. 2uesday profile image87
    2uesdayposted 3 years ago

Silence, it was as a punishment and doled out by a teacher, who then tore up every copy that he collected from the class.

6. agilitymach profile image97
    agilitymachposted 3 years ago

Mine is still featured here on Hubpages.  I did some keyword research and found that the keywords relating to my diet snack foods might draw some readers.  I was wrong.  It turns out, surprisingly, that no one wants to do the whipped cream and carrot diet!!!  Shocking.  I did lose 8 pounds on it though. smile  When I get time, I'll be yanking that article.

7. Rochelle Frank profile image88
    Rochelle Frankposted 3 years ago

Maybe not dumb to the clients who paid me to write, but I was paid to write advertising about  straps that are used to tie down motorcycles in the back of a pickup truck.
    I came up with some lines like "When you get ready to tie on on, what you really need is a good belt!" (They liked it, though.)

Hey, I think it's pretty cool too smile

8. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 3 years ago

Mine was a smart aleck op ed piece about a news story about pole dancing for Jesus.  Had a fantastic response from within HP, though and was a lot of fun.

working