jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (30 posts)

FIXED: EC opt-out locks profile changes

1. LCDWriter profile image94
    LCDWriterposted 3 years ago

I chose to opt out, for now, of the EC.  However, I went later to make some other changes to my profile (not changing the EC that I already set--I understand that's a 60 days setting) and it won't save any other changes I try to make.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Uh-oh.  Sounds like a glitch.  Hopefully HP will be along to comment, but likely not until tomorrow.

2. livewithrichard profile image85
      livewithrichardposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Same thing has happened to my profile.  Can't make any changes or edits.  I opted out as well so it looks like the problem is there where it locks our choice for 60 days.

1. rebekahELLE profile image92
        rebekahELLEposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That must be it because I didn't opt out and changed a few hubs on my profile (within this time period) and it saved and made changes without a problem.

3. Matthew Meyer profile image79
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I see what you are talking about and have forwarded this to our engineering team to be addressed.
      Thanks for taking the time to report it.

It looks like we should have a fix our relatively soon.
      Thanks for your patience!

4. Matthew Meyer profile image79

We just released a fix for this issue.
      I tested and was able to edit and save profile changes.

Thanks for everyone's patience!

2. LCDWriter profile image94

I wonder if others who went in and chose to opt out are also finding that all changes to their profiles are now locked?

3. Writer Fox profile image78
    Writer Foxposted 3 years ago

I opted out, but after reading your post I'm afraid to go back to edit anything on my Profile.  I'm afraid it will opt me in!  Please let us know when this glitch is fixed!

4. LCDWriter profile image94

No, it just doesn't save any changes---like if you want to change the hubs in your carousel, it won't save any changes.  It definitely won't let you opt back in because it just won't do anything.

5. moonlake profile image88
    moonlakeposted 3 years ago

Your right I couldn't change mine.

6. innerspin profile image87
    innerspinposted 3 years ago

It may be a coincidence because I've not opted out (so far) but a change to my profile didn't save.

7. janshares profile image89
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

Inconsistent glitch? I thought I opted out yesterday but must have forgotten to hit save. Just opted out again, (says my last change was August 8th????) and changed a hub on the carousel. Everything saved.

8. janshares profile image89
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

No inconsistencies, LCDWriter. It is an absolute glitch. I just did a test to change a hub on the carousel and it would not save. Oh well.

9. profile image0
    guitar bumposted 3 years ago

Having same issue. Please fix this, HubPages.

LCDWriterposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes.  Replying to this so it hopefully goes up and HP sees it.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image79

There is no need to "bump" threads.

10. Ceres Schwarz profile image19
    Ceres Schwarzposted 3 years ago

I'm also experiencing this problem. I also decided to opt out of the Editor's Choice for now and the change saved on my profile. But when I tried to edit my profile again, any more changes I make to it have not been saved at all.

11. LCDWriter profile image94

Bumping thread.

12. LCDWriter profile image94

Just tested and I am still unable to edit anything in my profile and have it save.  Should I send an email somewhere or will this eventually get flagged by the technical support staff?  Thanks.

13. WriteAngled profile image92
    WriteAngledposted 3 years ago

I disagree. If there is no official response from HP after several hours, in this case well over 24 hours after the problem was reported, I think people are totally justified in bumping the thread concerned.

Repeatedly "bumping" a Hub only results in more email to go through in order to find problems.
      It does not result in a quicker response and we mention not to do it in our terms of service.

I am very sorry about that and it won't happen again.  I did not remember that.

No worries!

2. relache profile image89
      relacheposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Nagging admin over the weekend when they are all out of the office has never resulted in a faster response.

Again, I did not know that bumping a thread was problematic or something hubpages advises against.  I do now.  I also did not "nag" over the weekend but only posted the problem once.   I know that they have many things to go through and I was unsure of the official way for this to be noticed since it is an issue that is causing problems with many hubbers.  Next time I will wait and hope.

14. relache profile image89
    relacheposted 3 years ago

LCDWriter, I was responding to WriteAngled's post, which I quoted, not to something you said.

15. LCDWriter profile image94

Wow.  I'm just screwing up royally today!  Sorry to you too.  I don't know what's wrong with me today.

1. janshares profile image89
      jansharesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Glad it's fixed now. Thanks for the post, LCDWriter. By the way, what is "bumping" a thread or hub?

From wikipedia.
        "When a member posts in a thread for no reason but to have it go to the top, it is referred to as a bump or bumping. It has been suggested that "bump" is an acronym of "bring up my post";[15] however, this is almost certainly a backronym and the usage is entirely consistent with the verb "bump" which means "to knock to a new position".[16]"
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum#Thread

1. janshares profile image89
          jansharesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for that explanation, Matt. I had no idea. Did not do forums, online communities, and the like until I came to HP.

Closed to reply

working